How to receive Group SMS Messages from iPhone & Blackberry
07-22-2015 10:37 AM
- Had this same issue with my droid bionic..... unable to receive group messages from ios users....... tried everything ....... no avail ..... finally downloaded the Verizon wireless messaging app ...... issue resolved....... I know right..... normally I wish the bloat ware a long burn in hell ....... but its not bloatware .... in fact its better than the default messaging app in my humble opinion........so it goes like this Verizon bloatware record 2-50 ....... of course this and zumocast being the 2 wins ..... all others fail
One question: How do I get the Quick Text into a message?
Thanks.06-02-2012 04:24 PM
- 07-17-2012 12:22 PM
Pete09-10-2012 05:03 AM
- 11-25-2012 05:20 PM
- Old thread here, I know! But I can't receive group texts from iphone users for the life of me. All I recieve is a blank text from the person who sent the text. I can receive "group texts" from Windows phone users (though it just looks like a single text to me). I've downloaded Go SMS Pro and I still only receive blank texts from iphone users sending a group text. It's driving me crazy!!! Any solutions?!12-20-2012 01:38 PM
- Other than myself, all of my family members have iPhones. I have been using Go SMS and it has been working fine (mostly). My issue is that when a group member posts a text to the group, a popup shows up with the sender's name. When I click on it I get that persons thread of posts just to me (not the group thread). I then hit the back button which gives me a list of individuals and groups to choose from. I then click on the group (usually on top when sorted by date) and then i'm in the group thread. It's especially annoying when there is an active discussion because I have to do a bunch of clicks before I can get to the thread. Is there any solution where a group text popup takes you directly to the group thread?
UPDATE: Tried the Verizon app as mentioned earlier and solved my issue. However I no longer can use emojiis (at least not many and they are all monochromatic). I guess that's not that important anyway....01-14-2013 03:53 PM
- Samsung Galaxy S3 JB (4.1.1) on T-Mobile. I use Go SMS Pro, but this group "Reply All" isn't working for me lately either, as recently as this morning. I have the "MMS Group Chat" box checked (Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > MMS Group Chat), so that's not the problem. Also, the "Send as split conversations" option is unchecked in the same settings area so, again, not the problem.
This morning a friend (friend "A") who is on an iPhone sent a group SMS to me and two other friends - friend "B" (on a 4G LTE Droid) and friend "C" (on an iPhone). Unfortunately, it came over to me as a single thread from friend "A". Even when friend "B" (Droid) replied all, it also came over to me as a single thread SMS. I confirmed this when looking at the message details which showed the 3 separate phone numbers it was sent to (the same as those that friend "A" on the iPhone used originally). Later when friend "A" replied to friend "B" I, again, only received it as a single SMS thread, so it was impossible to figure out which comment from friend "B" that friend "A" was replying to. I'm still looking for an Android app that can handle this "Reply All" function and keep it in a Group message thread vs individual SMS threads.
Anyone have any ideas?01-18-2013 02:13 PM
- I have been working on this for quite some time. I downlowded the Go sms app and it worked okay. Jelly bean 4.2.1 is supposed to have group chat/messaging as part of the app. i am with T-mobile and can not get this to work correctly. If you ever do could you email me and I will do the same. I can group taxt and they can respond to me but when they respond it is a single text to me so when I respond back it only goes to the one person and not to the group. All other features to seem to work fine and it is better than it was previously. Sorry that I could not be more help.Good Luck01-30-2013 06:48 PM
- Hey guys so I have been in and out of figuring this out. Firstly I use GoSMS pro to group message with all of my iPhone user friends.
Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > MMS Group Chat (Checked)
This will allow for you to join the groupchats in a single thread.
Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > Send as split conversations (Unchecked)
Now once those settings are checked, or if they are found in the other applications mentioned in this post, there are a few things to be dealt with client-side and with your provider.
I use T-Mobile and have the ability to send picture messages regularly through texts, you need this ability. Not sure what it falls under when you pay your phonebill, but you will need that for when the iphone group messages are transferred over to the android platform.
Another thing that most definitely is a great stock feature for the Tmobile users out there is WifiCalling. This application however does not support the transfer of MMS or Picture messaging. I only use WifiCalling when I am home, so the rest of the day I am able to join these group messages with iphone users and bb users. Using the data plan you have through 4G or whatever you get in your area, even on the 'E' you can group message the iphone group chats.
CON: When you receive the messages in the group chat, the person who sent the message will have their own thread in your phone, and to view the message in the group chat, you must first view it in their single threads. Overall you'll have to check a bunch of messages, but it is quite satisfying to not be a burden to your friends and still be able to communicate with all of them as a giant group.
EXTRA: If you use GoSMS pro, you will have the option to download their assortment of emoticons that are primarily for iPhone users, which I believe are updated up until iOS6 came out.
WE CHAT IN ONE THREAD AND I CAN REPLY ALL.02-20-2013 06:36 PM
I have had a similar experience when I received a group text from a friend with an iphone(I have the verizon samsung droid charge) but I am confused as to who received my reply?
So in my case, Friend A (an iphone user) sent out a group text. I received the text from Friend A, and not having any indication on my phones stock "messaging" app that it was a group text, I hit reply (not "reply all" since I don't have that option in my stock messaging app) and realized the next day when I received this random text(a reply to the group text that Friend A sent out) from an unknown number that it was a group text. :-(
I checked the original message(and the message details) from Friend A and saw that it was indeed sent to other phone numbers as a group text. Quite embarrassed at this point because my reply to Friend A was a bit personal, I began to fret over who may have seen my reply. Friend A says that she thinks that she, as the original sender(with an iphone) is the only one that saw my reply. She thinks this because I used my stock "messaging" app on my droid charge, which supposably doesn't support group messaging. Others have told me that everyone in the group message saw my reply.
In your experience with receiving group messages from iphone users and replying to those group messages, who do you think saw my reply? I definitely learned something from all of this! Never assume that a text is a single thread just to you!
I welcome any thoughts/feedback on this!03-05-2013 10:49 PM
- Android Central Community
- General Help and How To
How to receive Group SMS Messages from iPhone & Blackberry
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD