I need a new phone, but which one?

SexyGal

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I need to get myself a new cellphone but I haven't been keeping up on the latest news on VERIZON phones.

What would you recommend, what's new and cool?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Did a little looking, and not a lot of info on rooting the aforemention devices., So they are probably too new to have a root process yet (are they even currently on sale?)

But, the Droid Bionic , Droid 3 and LG Revolution have easy root processes. (but be careful of the newer OS updates)

Must it be on Verizons network?

If you switched to T-Mobile, I think you can get the HTC Sensation. A mighty fine device. And HTC's are root friendly (I believe even HTC unlocks the bootloader on this device). Not to mention a lot of HTC devices are supported by the grand daddy of Roms, Cyanogen.

Last edited:

SexyGal

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is the only network that works in my area. So it has to be a Verizon phone. I just need to be able to root with in a reasonable amount of time after release.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
There's no way to gauge when the devs will find a root process for a pre or newly released device. It could be 1 week or 6 months. Nobody knows.

If possible, stick with an HTC device in my opinion.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Typically, HTC offers an easier way to root compared to other devices, that use like the Android Dev Kit, Odin, Kyes, etc. Some reguire you to type multiple commands. Lees room for error when you use this method. Samsung typically requires this method, For me, it's just too many steps. Not to say it's a bad thing, but, more steps = more chances of mistakes.

I prefer to use the much simpler methods, like Super1click, Revolutionary, etc. HTC is usually root friendly, and easier to recover.

Also, HTC, has publicly released the unlock procedures on their newer devices, a tribute to how much confidence they have in their devices.

Everyone will have an opinion, and mine is just 1 of many ;)