1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any QWERTY slide-outs coming out on AT&T?

Hi,

So, my fiance's 3 year old phone just died and she went into an AT&T store looking for a new one. She decided she's FINALLY try out a smartphone, but she wanted one that had a slide-out keyboard like her previous.

The best one she could find was (sadly) a Pantech Crossover. Neither of us are particularly thrilled about it. She refuses to switch to any other carrier (which makes me sad, because Sprint has a LOT of great phones)... so we're stuck with AT&T. My question for you all is... are there any new ones coming out soon that could replace the Pantech? I ask because she has 30 days to take it back and switch to something else.

Default Re: Any QWERTY slide-outs coming out on AT&T?

So, the good news is there is a phone, two in fact. The Samsung Captivate Glide and the Samsung DoubleTime, which AT&T just announced on Tuesday. More than likely the Glide is the better bet (MUCH better specs, e.g. dual core 1GHz vs single core 600MHz). The bad news is that there's no date for either phone as of yet.

If it's possible, return the Pantech and just wait for the Glide, maybe use a cheap gsm phone off ebay or craigslist or from a friend in the mean time, it really will be worth the wait in comparison given the screen (just show her the Super AMOLED on Captivate or the Infuse) and the processor. And hopefully they'll have the phone out in the next month or so. If it's a phone she'll keep for 2 years, I think waiting a month or so, even using a temp phone, will be worth it in the long run - plus you don't want to scare her off smartphones with such a dud of a phone.