Sidekick 4g phone got wet

starrywingz

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My sidekick 4g got wet. The jump key, e key and delete key does not work now. The rest of the phone functions fine. I tried to dry it out by putting the phone in rice for 3 days but the keys still do not work. I did a master reset as well but it did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone know where the water damage indicators are?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Water damage indicators are usually behind the battery. If the rice trick didn't work (cover off, battery out) then there's not much else to do.:(

305bobby

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
My sidekick 4g has the same problem... sometimes the function of the jump key comes back but for the past few days it hasn't. The indicator on the battery turned red but on the phone itself is white. Just wondering if yours is white as well or if it turned red. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there on this phone.
Also, I know it was asked, but are there any other water damage indicators on the phone?
Thanks!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you exactly where all moisture indicators are. I think every device is different. Wouldn't surprise me if there were indicators in some places besides where we can see. Usually you can see 2. But like I said.

And unfortunately, the ones near the battery are prone to going active based on climate conditions. At least on some phones.

At least you can get dessicant paper and change them. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz