Wifi errors with applications

hannaheats

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!

So I just got an AT&T Captivate, just switched from blackberry so I'm completely overwhelmed!!! So far I've only got Twitter, Facebook etc in terms of apps. My phone's currently connected to my home wifi. I can use the Market and refresh my feeds on the 3G network, but not from my wifi. Is there a box I need to check? It's MEGA frustrating, since I'd like to be able to use my dang wifi to download apps when I'm at home!

(just to say: I know it's not my wifi cuz I'm using that to post this from my laptop c: )

Thanks in advance!
-hannah

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not your wifi when it concerns your pc. Never is. Pc's are much more tolerant and were designed for pc's, not android devices :) . First off, i assume you are connected (wifi indicator in the upper status bar)? Silly question, i know. Next, turn off data networks in your wireless settings. This will force the wifi. It's possible that it's just extremely slow initially. Open your browser and check it. I've seen routers, usually strange branded ones, that are just plain slow. Another thing, you can try changing channels on the router itself. Also, why you are in the routers admin section, check to make sure your device is allows outside access. Not sure, but you may need to 'allow' the android device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12