Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Default No SIM, SD or USB!

Due to a very failed nandroid restore session, my phone no longer detects the SIM, SD-card or anything through the USB (it'll charge, but not communicate with anything through the cable). I decided not to put this in the Desire section as this feels more like a general issue rather than device-specific.

Basically, it doesn't matter which ROM I've got - I've tried RUUing several different stock HTC versions, but they all do the same thing. The most recent thing I tried was to get the phone to speak to ADB in fastboot, but ADB doesn't see the phone (yes, all the correct drivers are installed).

Any ideas? I really don't fancy buying a new phone before MSM8960 hits the market.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: No SIM, SD or USB!

Ok, so you double posted

Did you try running the official Gingerbread RUU from HTC?

HTCdev - HTC Kernel Source Code and Binaries

You have to unzip it twice to get the RUU exe. Seems it's fixed a couple of bricks, but maybe not on yours.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Oh dear, did I? So sorry - I've posted this in a couple of forums out of desperation and it seems I forgot which ones... I do apologize.

And yes, I've tried the 2.3 RUU, it does the same thing. It seems it's been set into some kind of debug mode (QXDM) which is the problem.

So it's unrooted, can only reach the Internet through WiFi, and will not speak to any computer via USB. I saw on XDA that there is a way of getting ADB over WiFi without being rooted, but I can't test that at the moment as I'm at work... and heading straight to the airport to go to Holland over the weekend later.

I've spoken to HTC as well, told them the 2.3 update screwed my phone. They said it's fine but it'll be a chargeable repair. Might go with that if I can't fix it on Monday.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SeeK View Post
    Oh dear, did I? So sorry - I've posted this in a couple of forums out of desperation and it seems I forgot which ones... I do apologize.

And yes, I've tried the 2.3 RUU, it does the same thing. It seems it's been set into some kind of debug mode (QXDM) which is the problem.

So it's unrooted, can only reach the Internet through WiFi, and will not speak to any computer via USB. I saw on XDA that there is a way of getting ADB over WiFi without being rooted, but I can't test that at the moment as I'm at work... and heading straight to the airport to go to Holland over the weekend later.

I've spoken to HTC as well, told them the 2.3 update screwed my phone. They said it's fine but it'll be a chargeable repair. Might go with that if I can't fix it on Monday.
    Try flashing a radio independently. A phone connecting to wifi only sounds like the radio was restored possibly (what recovery did you use? TeamWin I think can do this). Try flashing a radio separately.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

I tried, but the moment I leave fastboot it stops talking to the SD card, not even the stock HTC recovery will do it. And I don't know a way of flashing radios from fastboot...?

I had Amon Ra 2.0.1 on when it hit the fan. Not making that mistake again, when I get this sorted I'm putting 4EXT or CWM5 on.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Yeah, now that I'm home, I suspected something to do with the bootloader being fubarred. Probably, it can't get written to properly during the ruu. Radio as the above poster stated, may be from an incompatibility version conflict as best as I can explain.Was going to ask you if you were using Amon for recovery but you already answered.

As you stated, change to CW recovery, and I advise CM7.1 for the rom. Been using it for a year, and never an issue.

Good luck to you!