Messaging app fails to open

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Handcent on my Incredible 2 with the stock OS. At least once a day, I'll go to open Handcent, and it won't open. I then try the native Android messaging app. It won't open either. I have to end up doing a reboot. Gets somewhat annoying, needless to say. Ideas?

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into "manage applications", click on Hancent, then clear your cache & data. If that doesn't help, try GOSMS Pro, excellent sms app with tons of customization features.
Good luck & let us know how you make out!

tap'n

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had nothing but trouble on my device when running Handcent, I would suggest Gosmspro as well

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It would depend on how often it happens. Usually, I experience it every couple weeks or so, but usually it's a "lag time" before the app opens or I have to close and open it a couple times, and rarely I require a reboot. So it seems an intermittant problem.

This occurs with both Handcent and GoSms, as they are both dependant on the stock messaging app to function. If something kills your stock app, none of them will function.

One of the big issues, is the amount of sms a device has. Typically problems can occur after acumulation of say 1000+ sms. In this case, a little housecleaning is in order.So it's time to delete some. Remember, not only is your Handcent or GoSms app accumulating messages, but your stock app as well (in theory)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude