Advanced App Killer

weapon90

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on gingerbread 2.3.3 do I need this app or not? I'm thinking I do to shut down apps that are working in the background to help battery life ...... or do I though? I've read somewhere that apps that run on 2.3 in the background don't impair battery life so killing them is pointless as 2.3 can manage these in the background to ensure they're not affecting battery life?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Running an app killer is pretty much pointless in the long run. Not to mention it also uses some resources, and you'll be chasing your tail killing off apps;)

The best option, is to change the settings on your apps, like FB, mail,and such. Set the update and sync frequency to either a longer period of time, or manual/off if you rarely use it. This goes for apps set to auto-update (they're always checking for updates)

Make sure you don't have apps that require GPS running. Set them to off. They'll start manually when you start the app.

With a little practice and trial and error, you'll find the sweet spot for battery life without using apps such as task killers or Juice defender type apps.

sparkY166

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe i have read somewhere that you don't need task killer it hurts your battery more constantly running in the background scanning for apps the battery life is mainly from your screen so get a brightness widget then also get Juice Defender and Juice Plotter
Juice Defender - Being online at any time and any place is what smartphones are all about. But this continuous connectivity comes with a pretty annoying drawback: high power consumption, hence short battery life.

JuiceDefender extends your battery life by intelligently and transparently managing the most power-draining components of your Android device, like 3G/4G connectivity and WiFi.

It is ready to go right after installation: the preset modes are the perfect way to easily gain precious hours of battery life - literally as easy as one tap!

And if you want to go under the hood, you can tweak everything to your unique needs, because JuiceDefender is also fully customizable through a clean and intuitive user interface.

Once configured, JuiceDefender runs by itself improving your battery life in a fully automated manner.
Information gathered from JuiceDefender - Battery Saver | Battery manager app for Android

JuicePlotter - JuicePlotter is a battery usage graph that combines full at-a-glance information about your battery consumption with sheer beauty.

The coloured bands along the graph show screen brightness, radio usage, charging status and battery temperature. Just scroll around to find precise information and make sense of the different colours.

The Analysis mode will let you easily have an idea of how your battery is performing, showing the overall estimated battery life for each day and overlaying the previous days on the graph for easy comparison of relative performance.

The best feature is probably the Home screen widget that shows an accurate estimate of how long it will take to fully discharge/recharge your battery

Everything about this app is free
Information gathered from JuicePlotter - Latedroid | awesome apps

Hope this helped
:-$

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an ad for Juice Defender ;) And everything is not free, as it's supported by "Ads". Thought it was against Android Central rules to advertise retail products in the forums?

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Android assistant and auto memory is all you need! Both free up memory automatically. Juice defender drains more power than it conserves. I get at least 5 hours more without juice defender.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry i was just trying to help so should i erase that? i find it really helpful it is free but for fully customizable it costs

Depends on which Mod is policing the forums today :eek:

it's ok to voice an opinion on an app. Nothing wrong with that, as some folks aren't aware of apps available.

But running full ads? Well....... Shouldn't worry about it though, at worst they'll just delete the post and post a warning.

But back to running apps to monitor things (battery monitors, task assistants, task killers) They are ok in a short term, but remember, that they too use resources, which is counterproductive to what one wishes to accomplish.;)

Reactions: sparkY166

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Juice defender drains more power than it conserves. I get at least 5 hours more without juice defender.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

I think that all depends on your individual phone setup. No one's setup will be the same. I've been using Juice Defender on my Inspire since I got it. At one point I turned it off (for 3 days) to see if it was indeed helping, and I definitely had less battery life without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC