I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 question....

gamecockzfan

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the red light in the upper right hand corner is constantly on. What does this mean and how do I turn it off? It just started yesterday.

Also, I left the phone off the charger overnight and noticed the battery decreases 25% even though I don't have any apps running. What can I do to extend the life of it?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably "orange" light. If you have it plugged into the charger or the PC, it probably means it's taking a charge. Or it's almost dead and needs a charge. But I'll choose the former.

A flashing orange, may mean a missed call or other notification. Don't have an SGSII, so taking a guess.

Should consult your owners guide for light notifications.

As for battery loss, do the standard. Check for notifications/synchs/update options on ALL apps. Also, if you have a foto app called "picasso"? I believe this thing is notorious for running all the time, and can't get it to stop synching. Not sure of the name, but I believe it's a carrier branded foto app.

gamecockzfan

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No, it's a solid red light in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes it's blue when it is charging, but it has been a solid red for over a day now. I don't have any apps running.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you reboot the device? Same thing?

EDIT: As I learned, the SGII only has 1 led indicator (red) which typically flashes when you boot the device. If the led stays on, and a reboot didn't fix it, might wanna check with the place where you bought it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood