Help please with my orange dongle?

sharronr

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Please can someone help me.I have been given a new MID Asteroid tablet!!! It all works apart from I cant connect to the internet.I have an Orange dongle and when I insert it in the transfer box nothing happens and I don't know how to work this.I know you will say it's a chinese dodgy bit of kit,but I just wondered if there was a way to connect.The manual mentions something about a china telecom card.Thanks

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Man, if my dongle was orange, I'd be going to the hospital ;)

But, on a serious matter, go to your Settings/Networks and Wireless, and check to see if your menus display it even being connected. You may have an option to select. Like remove the check from Wifi only. Or enable 3g. If you have some wireless menus, and you get nothing in your APN settings, then...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But your MIR, is a chinese clone. And I have dealt with a couple of these in the recent past.

If you want my advice, take it back to where you bought it, and get your money back. Bring a baseball bat and a couple of friends with you just in case.

There ought to be a law about selling these things.

For a few dollars more, you can get a name brand device, with support, which are certainly more capable than MIR. Just try and find who the manufacturer is. You'll find they produce "all kinds" of devices.

Wish I could be more help. Living within an earshot of china, and you'd understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol