Android Security Issues??

jddunkley

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
After posting some pictures of Android vs iOS stuff (like I often do because I love egging on some of my iPhone friends) someone posted this HUGE comment about security issues. Now obviously, I love my Android, and obviously, I think his comment was a little hyped up and not entirely accurate. But can someone point me in the right direction on what I can show him that proves Android isn't as bad as he's pointing out security wise? Thanks in advance!

Here's what he said:

Wanna know what else has been advancing as fast as Android? The malware and other security vulnerabilities it has. It's even worse than windows is when it comes to how vulnerable it is. Yes you have access to X more apps than iOS users have, but those apps also go unchecked. There can be malware buried deep inside of the coding for the free version of a software you just downloaded onto your phone. And the system is designed and programmed to do whatever the app tells it, so if the app is telling it to send the creator the login credentials, you can bet it'll do it. There's no quality control or security checks. Also, if the app is designed to allocate X amount of the system resources and it's programmed incorrectly then it can have devastating effects on your phone. I have seen an android device literally die on the wall charger because an app that was running in the background was eating up battery power faster than the wall charger could charge it back up. Also, with the apps forcing themselves into your system, over time the functionality of your device will be bogged down, just like windows is. It's a poorly built excuse for an operating system. iOS may be simple, but simple works. The UI works. and EVERY app is checked before put onto the app store. So while it may not have an app to do EXACTLY what you want it to do, you can at least know that your personal data is secure. I'd rather have a more basic phone while guaranteeing the security of my identity than have a 'cooler' looking interface any day of the week. But hey, I'm just a security freak.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad