Roboto - New ICS Font Question

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just want to start out by saying sorry if this is in the wrong area. I looked over all of the different sections but I figured this might be the best place to ask? Feel free to lock/delete/move the thread if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Got a question about the new ICS font Roboto. Does anyone know how open this font is? Being that it's google, am I safe to assume that they will let you use this font for anything?

I wouldn't be making money off the font but I was planning on using it on my resumes as the primary font. They say make your resumes say something about you and I think adding that subtle hint of android would be awesome!

Thanks for any help given!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The font used in ICS appears to be a "light" version of Roboto Font. When the phone is released, or a system dump made available, the font can be extracted and made to work for any Android phone since its going to be in a .ttf format. Actually, you can change the font on any device now, as long as you have the .ttf files and know where to push it.

There was a Roboto font .zip posted on Google Plus a few days ago. I will see if its anywhere and link it for your reference.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just want to start out by saying sorry if this is in the wrong area. I looked over all of the different sections but I figured this might be the best place to ask? Feel free to lock/delete/move the thread if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Got a question about the new ICS font Roboto. Does anyone know how open this font is? Being that it's google, am I safe to assume that they will let you use this font for anything?

I wouldn't be making money off the font but I was planning on using it on my resumes as the primary font. They say make your resumes say something about you and I think adding that subtle hint of android would be awesome!

Thanks for any help given!

I don't think you'll get into any legal troubles ifnyou use it on your resumes

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You will be fine using it. I've noticed you can download the font pack from several places nowdays (zip format). Should only be a small task to open font manager and install them (windows).

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Google will never know you used this font, even if you could technically get in legal trouble. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's no trouble downloading the .zip and dropping the file into your windows font folder. However, I'll say it doesn't look as nice in larger font sizes. It becomes pixillated and whatnot. You might not want to use it after you see it on your computer screen.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a featured app on the front Page that will change the font. There's a ton of fonts to choose from and its free. See the editors picks from 10/23.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys!

I figured that there wouldn't be any repercussions but it was still worth to ask.

This resume looks damn sexy now :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair