BB User..Need a push to convert!

kifac

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well title says it all guys.
Iv recently bought the new Bold 9900 and dont get me wrong, im loving this device.
I work for Rogers so i know the available android devices available to me right now and whats soon to come.
That being said, i know of alot of people making the switch form BB to android and they just make it seem so easy :(
Personally, it would be hard for me to get rid of my Bold 9900 only becuase of BBM.
I have 400+ contacts who i talk with on the regular ( no not all :p )
Its an easy way of communicating and i cant see my self texting all these people. BBM just makes everything so simple.
Well anyways, as much as i love my BB and BBM...im considering of switching. These are my options...

Wait to see what new device RIM and APPLE are going to come up with in a year or so (im eligable for an upgrade in 3 months)

or make the switch as soon the Galaxy S2 comes out for Rogers.
and or which Device do you guys prefer?
The new Razr? Galaxy S2? or the Galaxy Nexus.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, texting is really easy in Android. I don't feel it's harder than BBM, but that's just my feeling, others may feel different.

As far as which phone to choose, that's a personal decision you should make by taking the time to play with them all. Each phone has it's unique personality. I would lean to the Galaxy Nexus for Ice Cream Sandwich myself, but that's me. You have to live with the phone, play with what you can in the store and if you are an early adopter type, get the Nexus for the trial period for your carrier. You can always switch back.

Hope this helps.

PS - <<Push>> ;)

hanexs

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just had a friend leave his bb telling me how his android was going to rule. That was last year, now he just came back to the new touch screen bold and he conceded that his bold could do "95% of what his android did". I dont have an android phone, but I do have an android tablet which I love but I have to say, a lot of the BB problems are just hype. If you get a top of the line BB (gotta be the newest touchscreen bold) and compare it to like an android HTC/Samsung android, I am not seeing a hole host of things that make me wanna switch. I mean there are a few (hotspot, some more apps, ect) but not a lot that makes me want to leave the BB, the build, and the email are just to good for me.

For me it depends on how much apps are worth to you. I see how incredible they are on my tablet, but for my phone I'm still loving the BB experience and I think that RIM has just gotten stabbed by the media.

Still RIM has got there work cut out for them and it might make sense to jump ship before it sinks. Im just currently in the position at a workplace that runs BES, and I have to sit and listen to people tell me how wonderful their iphone is, and then in the same breath complain why nothing in our business works on it. Shrug :)

Thats my rant

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I too came over to Android from a BlackBerry Storm. I like my Android but it's not as big of a change as I tough it would be. The graphical UI on the Android is better and the app selection is better but that's about it.

I think the BlackBerry is much easier to setup and find the settings you are looking for. to me, Android has too many "go here, then here, then here." to find the setting you are looking for. I also don't think Android e-mail is anywhere near where BlackBerry is.

As far as BBM, I think ordinary SMS texting on the Android is just as good. I really never did understand all they hype that BlackBerry users give to BBM.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not much can touch bbm, but I never used it so it wasn't a big loss.

I just had to go back to my blackberry bold for a day while I waited for asurion to send me a new phone. I realised the merits of both, but I guess it really depends on what you want. I really missed my blackberry keyboard, so using it again for a couple days was really refreshing. That, for me, is the one thing that I regularly miss about my blackberry.

Sent from my EVO3D using Tapatalk

robbiegee

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch to the photon from the tour. I bbm'd so much. Bbm kept with the blackberry for way longer than it should have. So far I'm loving Android. Now I have started using whatsapp which is about as close to bbm as it gets! It works on all smartphones. The trick is just getting your friends to dowoad it!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Do the latest and greatest BB have Flash? I have a BB Storm 2 right now and am getting the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out. One thing I know the new BBs don't have is LTE and I can't wait to use it for streaming on my phone. As far as BBM, it's great for those with limited txt service, and it is faster as far as getting it from phone to phone then a txt. But hell all nut one person I had in my BBM contacts are now either with iPhone or a Android phone. So I never use it anymore anyway.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a BB to Android convert. I think the two biggest things to get over were BBM and me not trying to make my SGS into a BlackBerry. Once you get into doing things the BlackBerry way, you have to reprogram yourself to do use other systems.

On my SGS, I use Kik and LiveProfile to chat with people, along with Google Talk. I'm also on PingChat, G+, and Facebook Chat, so there are plenty of ways for people to get a hold of me. Kik was probably the closest to BBM at the time, and since many of my friends jumped to Android, it became a natural transition from BBM.

The one thing I noticed, coming from my Tour to a Mesmerize, the Mez was so much faster. Maybe the 99xx series wouldn't be as much of a performance jump, but the amount of things I cna now do with my phone is way more than what I did with my Tour. I could practically run my business from my Tour. I can other than two apps on my PC, I can do everything from my SGS (including connect to the PC remotely).

I'm sure I could switch between platforms easily. Now it is more just watching which system is going to be around and supported better. With QNX phones on the way, I'm hesitant to go with a BB7 device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae