New and Looking for help

Alsug

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums and recently new to android. Made the switch from iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S II 9100 and a haven't looked back since.

I've been very eager to figure out and test new things seeing as I now have SOOOOO much freedom in comparison

That being said, I seem to have hit a slight roadblock..

Now before I explain the issue Let em note that I HAVE used the search button. On this forum, and on 3 others and all the answers I've been given are not solving the issue, so I think I need to explain it in detiail.

So I have Opera Mini Mobile as my main browsers for various reasons. There is a sight I go to download mp3's of this radio show. I've been doing it for a while with no issues. Now some how in my experimenting I changed the file association (I think). Because when I click ont he download link it looks like it tries to 'DOWNLOAD' the mp3 with the music player instead of play it(or save it to the downloads folder like it use to). I have done the obvious things to try and fix it - Namely go to Settings>applications>Opera Mobile>Clear Data. I have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No change. Every time I click on the download link It opens the music player and says "Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file".

I'm not certain if it's just not downloading it and saving it and maybe it's just trying to open the file right away with that player or if it is actually trying to download it with that. If any one has any clues please let me know...:-\

Oh, I should mention I am running Gingerbread 2.3.5 and kernel 2.6.35.7-I9100XXKI3 Rooted

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try opening the file in the /download directory of your SD card. If it's an mp3 file it should play.

Not sure why Opera is not playing the files anymore. I don't use it myself, so I'm not very familiar with it. Hopefully, other's who do use it will chime in.

Hope this helps.

Alsug

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tried that oo, didn't work funny enough. I think it was just bugged.

But it's all good now. Ended up installing Cyangen 7.1 whoch of coursed wiped everything anyways.

Thanks everyone for the help!