Wheres My Droid And TextFree?

Jeffreycat

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
When I send a text with the command word(s) to my android phone through TextFree, nothing happens. How can I get TextFree to work with Wheres My Droid? Using "normal" texting isn't an option, as I don't have money to pay for a texting with ANY carrier! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

EDIT: Nevermind, I have switched to a free application called Android Lost. It has WAY more options then Wheres My Droid, and they all work! I can make my phone speak remotely, take a remote picture, lock the screen, get the GPS location, forward all calls/texts..... the options are near limitless! I highly recommend this app!

Android Lost

market.android.com/details?id=com.androidlost&hl=en

Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The way text free work is more like an email. You need carrier SMS as that use your network signals.
Basically it need to "ping" your location using tower signals

Last edited:

Jeffreycat

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright, as I cannot use any carrier messaging services, that means Wheres My Droid isn't an option, am I correct? And if this is the case, what other lost/stolen phone recovery application would you recommend?

Jaye-Z

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I love "Where's My Droid"! Spend a buck, get the donate version, and you can load a list of peeps that can call your phone when it's lost. Also, you can choose a different ringtone to get your attention. Only downfall, if you miss a phone call from one of said peeps and your phone isn't missing, the alert will go off anyway!

This app has saved me in more "phoneless" situations! It's a MUST HAVE!

GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!
JAYE BY THE SEA
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC

Jeffreycat

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I love "Where's My Droid"! Spend a buck, get the donate version, and you can load a list of peeps that can call your phone when it's lost. Also, you can choose a different ringtone to get your attention. Only downfall, if you miss a phone call from one of said peeps and your phone isn't missing, the alert will go off anyway!

This app has saved me in more "phoneless" situations! It's a MUST HAVE!

GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!
JAYE BY THE SEA
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC

Thanks for trying to help, but your comment was somewhat irrelevant. I use GrooVe IP (Google Voice) for calls and TextFree for texting; both require WiFi to work. I purchased my phone on eBay a week ago knowing it had a bad ESN on Virgin Mobile, so I cannot use it on any cellular network. Not that I want to anyways; I don't have the money for a monthly cell phone bill (I'm unemployed right now).

Anyways the purpose of this thread is to find out if I can get Wheres My Droid to work with either GrooVe IP (Google Voice), or TextFree. If I can't get them to work with it, then I need an alternative lost/stolen phone application that WILL work with them! So if you or anyone else has any other app suggestions, or anyway to make them work, then please help me out! Thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21