1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Watching TV episodes on tablet?

Sorry to post this here. I have posted this in two separate tablet forums and haven't had a single response...

What are the options for streaming TV episodes on an Android tablet..other than Netflix and Hulu Plus? Am I correct in believing that Hulu.com (non-paid) is blocked on android tablets? What about network websites, like NBC, CBS, etc.?

My wife wants a TV in the bedroom, but I am wondering if a tablet would be better for our situation. It would allow her to watch TV in any room she wanted, plus all the other great features of having a tablet.

However, if you can't watch any TV episodes on it, that would not be a solution.

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Default Re: Watching TV episodes on tablet?

I watch shows on my tablet through two different apps. TV.COM (CBS) is an app that lets you watch shows. There are a few different networks available, although it doesn't have a large amount of full episodes (I use it to keep up with NCIS, which seems to have several recent full episodes).

I'm also an Amazon Prime member. Prime membership comes with free streaming shows (TV and movies). As long as you have Flash installed, the shows play just fine from the web browser. I've been able to watch several shows on my gTablet using Amazon Prime.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

Watch TV on my tablet all the times.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So, do the source sites (NBC, ABC, FOX, etc.) block Android? Or is that just Google TV?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    So, do the source sites (NBC, ABC, FOX, etc.) block Android? Or is that just Google TV?
    They have worked on my tablet and boxee box... I haven't visited them in a while though. Comcast's website used to work, but doesn't anymore. All their HD shows require silverlight plugin, and their non-HD shows used to work, but don't anymore (at least not the last time I tried).

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I have watched Fringe from the Fox website on my Xoom (on 3G) without any problems.
    Also check with your cable/satellite provider they may have an app that you can use to watch shows. Also slingbox works on tablets to get your tv channels or DvR programs.
    As for past episodes Netflix, Hulu, Blockbuster, Amazon, etc. may be your best bet.

Google project tv. It's all I use.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Quote Originally Posted by Nchaka View Post
    I have watched Fringe from the Fox website on my Xoom (on 3G) without any problems.
    Also check with your cable/satellite provider they may have an app that you can use to watch shows. Also slingbox works on tablets to get your tv channels or DvR programs.
    As for past episodes Netflix, Hulu, Blockbuster, Amazon, etc. may be your best bet.
    But doesn't Slingbox require you to buy a peice of hardware to connect to your TV?

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Yes it does, if you have Dish network its $99 for their slingblade. Or Best buy has the full version with more inputs. Its another option. but not free (unfortunately)
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Watch TV on my tablet all the times.
    Thanks. But I see they have a big notice. All their channels are offline.

Does it happen often?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    Google project tv. It's all I use.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Because other sites don't work, or that is what you prefer? Is there good selection? Easy to use? It needs to be easy if ny wife is going to use it.

Yes. I got a HDMI cord and adapter to watch Once Upon A Time on ABC.com. But when I try to watch the episodes, it tells me that I have to watch through the App...which is only for iPad, iPhone, etc. I just have a generic Android tablet. It works for YouTube and my apps, etc., but not videos on the ABC site. Which really sucks!...because that's what I got it for!!!