phantom alerts

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
for the last day or two, my HTC EVO i get the message notification sound, but there is no new messages or alerts. it just interrupts my music, or goes off at random times, at roughly 5 minute intervals. its not an alarm or anything, i cant figure out what is causing it to do this, and its EXTREMELY annoying.

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
nope, no weather app, there are no notifications from this what so ever. and it seems to do it more often when i'm playing music., but it happens other times as well.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Goto settings/applications/manage applications. Select the "all" tab. Scroll down the list for the apps "messaging, e-mail, facebook, and any other app that you know of that does notifications. Select 'Clear Cache" for each of them. I'm thinking maybe there is something stuck in the app's cache that keeps giving you an audible notification.

Also try and remember if you installed any software that coincides when you first remember the problem. If so, uninstall it and see if it goes away.

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i will try that and see what it does. an interesting note, it doesnt do this while streaming pandora or audiogalaxy, only when playing music stored on the phone, but sometimes while its at rest it still goes off.
AFAIK, i havent installed anything in the last few days so not sure if its a new app causing it. should ask my wife if she has installed anything....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000