How do I remove ThinkFree Office?

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I am wanting to free up some space on my Android 2.3 device and one of the biggest offenders is an app called ThinkFree Office. I have never used it and it takes up nearly 10MB of space. Is there a way to uninstall this app which came with my phone? :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings/Manage Apps/ThinkFree and see if it gives you the option to uninstall..

If it doesn't then its bloatware that can't be uninstalled without rooting your device and using other means to uninstall it.

Reactions: CRACKBERRYstudent

androidtechrep

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Like Paul was saying, ThinkFree is preloaded so it cant be removed without rooting your device. SDX Developers website has a great app for removing preloaded apps once you have root access to your device. It is called the SDX Stock App Removal. To gain root access I used Bonsai, which was pretty simple. You can get to their website using the following link: Bonsai for Android |

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The folder on your sdcard is just a data storage, the main app still resides on your device's /system/ area.

Unless you have used ThinkFree that folder is probably empty.

Reactions: CRACKBERRYstudent

Outcasted66

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been banned from bonsai for android considering I've never even been to the site but to try to remove thinkfreeoffice how do I check or whom do I talk to about my being banned

Bungie95

May 6, 2012
Visit site
If it can't be uninstalled the normal way, you'll have to root your phone and use a special app to do so. Titanium Backup is the simplest way IMO; so find instructions for your specific phone and then download from the Market.

If you don't want to root, I guess you could find a way to hide the apps in your launcher. It won't delete it technically, but it's something...

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Paul if you don't mind asking a dumb question why the hell do they put a 10 dollar app into all these phones for people that aren't going to use it.And is there a rooting for knuckleheads any where, so I can dump these.And thank you for your post!

Posted via the Android Central App

JETTWOLF

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Litchie, yes its a book called "Rooting For Dummies" the 'For Knuckleheads' series is not as good as the original. A cheap knockoff. More like the 'Cliff Notes' version of the real McCoy!
#BarnesandNoble
#BooksAMillion
Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome