Market Not Downloading Anything?

Xanadu73

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey!

I'm having an issue with my 100% stock Sprint Epic Touch: Nothing will download from the Market. I can browse categories, apps, etc., but when I tell it to download a new app or an update, it just sits and spins and doesn't download.

I have "Wind-up Knight sitting on "Starting download..." for about 10 minutes now. Yes, my signal is fine as I browsed to the app and all that just fine. Yes, I've already rebooted it before this latest attempt.

Is there something (anything!) I can check/uncheck/clear/etc. to help resolve this?

EDIT:
I still have the 3.1.5 version. I haven't gotten the push to 3.3.11 yet.

M.

Xanadu73

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I did a "clear cache" and "clear data" and I'm able to download a NEW app (in this case Wind-up Knights), but I still can't download an update for a currently installed app (Bubble Blast 2). It sits on the "Loading..." screen which doesn't even look right:

sc20111102134957.png

M.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I see this quite often. Usually I wait till I get a good wifi connection, and try getting the app. It's hit and miss it seems. Seems to be a market issue as I can download and update other apps.

Xanadu73

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I see this quite often. Usually I wait till I get a good wifi connection, and try getting the app. It's hit and miss it seems. Seems to be a market issue as I can download and update other apps.

Hmmm... I guess I should've said that I'm seeing the exact same things whether I'm on WiFi (10 feet from AP) or on 3g... :)

If this is a "known issue" then I guess I'll hang tight. I just haven't run into this yet so I assumed there was some kind of problem. I mean, the mighty Google being "down"?!?

Thanks, man!

M.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Actually, I had an app that either I couldn't update, or download it. Forget which :D:D

Finally I think I went to the web version of the market, and downloaded it from there. And it happens on both my tablet and phone, so obviously it's a market issue.

Just another option ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89