Choosing internal or exernal storage for Mass Storage

punkhawaiian

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set only the external sd card to mount with mass storage and not the internal so my apps still work while connected to my pc? Thanks in advance.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Your SD card is what connects to the pc when you select disk drive. Your internal storage never connects to the pc. Your apps that are not on the SD card should still work, but I have never tried this.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Your SD card is what connects to the pc when you select disk drive. Your internal storage never connects to the pc. Your apps that are not on the SD card should still work, but I have never tried this.

My Droid X2 mounts both actually. It mounts three things. One is some garbage Moto software, probably a partition on my internal storage. Second, it mounts my internal storage. And, third, it mounts my SD card. I'm glad it does. Makes for great file management.

Is there a way to set only the external sd card to mount with mass storage and not the internal so my apps still work while connected to my pc? Thanks in advance.

Do you use Windows? If so, maybe try right clicking on the drive that is mounted as your internal storage and select eject? I can't say that it wont immediately remount it, but, it was just a thought.

Additionally, I just connected my phone to my computer, and, with both internal and SD mounted I was able to open several apps and play a game. The USB connection was set to Mass Storage.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X2 mounts both actually. It mounts three things. One is some garbage Moto software, probably a partition on my internal storage. Second, it mounts my internal storage. And, third, it mounts my SD card. I'm glad it does. Makes for great file management.

I guess every device is different then. That's why it's a good reason to let people know what device you have when you're looking for help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess every device is different then. That's why it's a good reason to let people know what device you have when you're looking for help.

I'm sure that's the case. Yea, agreed. Its definitely important info.

So your Inspire doesn't mount internal? I wonder if you weren't rooted if it would. I'm glad my X2 does. I like being able to do file management in Windows if need be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax