Changing default actions of widgets

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM 7.1 and recently installed the ICS theme for CM7. Looks great, and to top it off, I installed the LauncherPro ICS theme as well. On top of it all, I installed the ICS analog clock widget from the store. All in all, turns out I have a phone that looks exactly like an ICS phone.

Only one problem I'm having...

When clicked, the clock widget opens the default alarm clock settings, and I use Xtreme Alarm Clock from the market. Is there any way to change the default action of a widget on press, or does that need to be done on the side of the app settings?

I know how to clear app defaults in the applications list, but is there any way to establish a new default?

In short, I want the ICS clock widget to open a custom app, not the default alarm clock.

Help? Thanks! :)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, some widgets, will let you determine a specific action when you select a certain part of it. It's in the widgets's settings.

You may not have this option, as it seems it's set from the programmers end. If you can't access the settings for a specific region of the widget, then no, you can't change it.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I figured.

Anyone know of any nice-looking ICS themed analog clocks that will allow you to change the default action?

I had to remap my search button to launch my custom alarm clock app, and it's just awkward for me to think of doing that. It works fine, but I'd just rather not have a nice-looking but unusable widget on my home screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis