Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Battery draining like crazy. com.motorola.service.main suspected

For about 2 days now the battery on my Droid 3 is draining alarmingly fast. Battery use indicator says that com.motorola.service.main is using 65% of the battery. I have Googled and searched the forums. Most of the answers come back "corporate sync" but I'm not on my exchange server at work. A few of the things I have done in the last few days:
    Downloaded and used .PodKast and subsequently uninstalled
    Added a gmail account and subsequently deleted it.
    Downloaded a live wallpaper called Koi Free and switched back to static wallpaper
    I'm not sure what updates have been performed.

I just tried killing processes one at a time to see which one is killing the battery but got nowhere with it.

Help. I'm a battery obsessive and I can't get any work done till I figure this out.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Battery draining like crazy. com.motorola.service.main suspec

I'm sure if you search the forums you can find some apps that will give you more specific battery detail. Like, which app is using battery. Maybe give that a search and see if you can find an app. Then once you have one, you should be able to find your culprit. If not, try searching google for battery usages apps.