Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Android 2.3.3

Default Watching Amazon Video downloads on Android

I've searched the forums and have had not luck, so if this has been answered, sorry bout that.

Running HTC Dinc

I typically buy my movies and tv shows from Amazon and I use their unbox app to download them to my pc. This includes a full size file and a mobile file. The mobile file downloads as a .amzn extension and the only way to get the file to work on a mobile device is to sync it through the unbox app.

the HTC Dinc is not a supported device thus I cannot sync the mobile file, and the regular files are DRM'd up the wazoo and also dont work.

Anyone have a good suggestion for getting either of these types of files to work on my Dinc?

tl:dr How to get DRM'd amazon videos to work on android.

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Default Re: Watching Amazon Video downloads on Android

They don't have an Unbox app for Android yet that I have found. I do know that if you can stream from Amazon to your PC, you can stream to your Android device. I'm an Amazon Prime member and stream movies to my gTablet all the time. I think Flash is required, though.

It will be interesting to see if they come out with a video viewing app once the Kindle Fire comes out.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Watching Amazon Video downloads on Android

I tried watching an amazon movie that I rented for streaming to my Asus Transformer. The quality was very poor although netflix works very well on the same device with the same internet connection. I may end up getting Amazon prime for other reasons, but it would be nice to know that I can stream Prime movies and tv shows in good quality before I sign up.