Not enough phone storage space?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

I don't know what the threshold is but when my phone gets down to like 17 megs free on the internal storage, I get the little icon in the corner telling me I'm low on space.

When that happens, I also start getting errors when I try to send a text or open my browser that say "Not enough phone storage space". This then completely prevents me from using the browser or sending a text message.

What the heck is up with that? 17 megs is a huge amount of space to be free. Why would that prevent me from using my phone? Is there something I can do to fix that or change when it thinks I'm low? I have to keep uninstalling things just to get my phone to work. I've moved everything I can over to the SD card but it hasn't helped. I just don't get why things would stop working when I still have 15+ megs free.

This is an Optimus V on 2.2.2

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
17 megs actually isn't a lot of space. How much does your device have, 1 gig? 17 megs is 1.7% of that. Unless you have like 1000 apps, you shouldn't be this low on space. I have almost 200 apps and I still have almost 700 megs of my 1 gig free (with everything I can put on the SD). My suggestion is to evaluate the apps that can't be moved to the SD card and get rid of what you can. You might also check out App2SD.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Um, no. The Optimus V has 140 Megs available to install Apps.

But 17 megs is plenty of space to install even more apps but I'm just trying to figure out why it would prevent me from sending a text or opening the browser properly just because I only had 17 megs left.

But I think I'll be rooting my phone tonight so we'll see how that helps.

Just gotta go find some instructions.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't have problems sending messages. Go through the application settings and clear caches. Also try deleting uneeded text threads .

skittlesqueen101

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Someone please Help! I recently installed Double Twist to transfer music from my Mac computer to an Android phone. The problem is that every time the syncing ends it says there's not enough storage to install any songs. I've uninstalled many apps (of the few I had) and even transferred many pics/videos but it still shows 'there's was not enough space...skipped songs'. What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone please Help! I recently installed Double Twist to transfer music from my Mac computer to an Android phone. The problem is that every time the syncing ends it says there's not enough storage to install any songs. I've uninstalled many apps (of the few I had) and even transferred many pics/videos but it still shows 'there's was not enough space...skipped songs'. What can I do?

Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Do you know what the total size of the music files would be that you're moving over? And do you also know what your Internal Storage stats are? Post a screenshot of your Settings>Storage​ menu, if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair