Advice for a Sprint User

webs05

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an HTC Evo 4g. Love it. I have all kinds of custom ROMs I run and love to hack and mess around.

Anyway, after some drops things are acting a bit funky. Still works and screen is ok even though it has cracks. But I'm considering getting a new phone with Xmas money. So what should I do?

Leaving Sprint is not an option, don't care about physical keyboards, I need something fast and powerful, I don't care about sense, and needs to be hackable. I can wait if I have good reason, I heard Sprint may go to LTE should I wait for those phones? What about quad cores, should I wait?

Right now it seems like Photon or Evo 3D. I'm leaning toward Photon due to International support but this isn't a requirement and it still seems like Sprint doesn't know what it means yet.

Poke holes,tell me what I'm missing, or, let me know what your thoughts are.

I greatly appreciate any help and thoughts!!ir

androidtechrep

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I work for Sprint and we are going to start selling LTE-capable devices mid-2012. As of right now, the Galaxy S II (Epic Touch) is a pretty sleek and powerful device. The specs are as follows:

Frequency: Digital Dual Band and WiMax

Dimensions: 5.1 inches 2.8 inches x 0.38 inches (LxWxT)

Weight 4.55 oz (with battery)

Processor/Chipset: Samsung Exynos™ 1.2GHz dual-core processor / S5PC210

Display: 4.52 -inch Super AMOLED Plus Touchscreen (800 x 480 WVGA)
Gorilla Glass

Form Factor: Bar with touch screen only.

Battery: Standard Lithium (Li-ion) 1800 mAh battery provides up to 8.7 hours of continuous talk time.

Connector Types: Micro USB

Hearing Aid Compatible: M3/T3
TTY/TDD Compatible: Yes

Color: Black (SPHD710KIT)

Internal Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, microSD™ slot for expandable storage up to 32 GB.
Does not include a microSD card.

Camera: 8 MP camera/camcorder with autofocus, Power LED flash and 4x digital zoom for HD video (1080p x 1080 p / MHL +DLNA) recording for capture and playback on an HD television, and a front facing V2.0 MP camera for video chat and more.

webs05

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but I would want something newer and more powerful. Also the Epic isn't easily hackable which is important to me. Yes you can root it, but its a pain compared to other phones. And NAND doesn't seem to be directly accessible from apps, like Clockwork mod.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude