Major issues - Space getting eaten up, no SD, battery dying

munkifisht

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having a major crisis with my phone, I don't know what is happening but hte symptoms are as follows.

About 2 hours ago I found my phone was off, I tried turning it on but it stalled on the boot. I pulled the battery after a few minutes and tried to boot again. It wouldn't. I then plugged it in, assuming it was a flat battery, it did boot then. I left it to charge for an hour and came back.

As soon as I logged in I started to have problems. The battery is running down very quickly. 10% in about 20 mins. The space on the phone is also getting chewed up. I know the mail bug, I know sometimes I need to clear the cache, dump data and keep the free data above 15mb to let the phone work and I do (it was on 18mb this morn). The space is lit getting chewed up. I disconnected my data connection and started to dump programs and useless data (Gmail, contacts storage, flash etc). What is happening is that despite there being no connection to the internet, the space I am freeing up is disappearing in minutes. from 18MB I am down to 116KB. any time I free any space up it disappears. My SD card is also not loading. This is the worst possible time for this to happen as I have to have a working droid tomorrow.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Corrupted OS or rogue apps. You could try uninstalling the most recently downloaded apps , but I suggest you sync your contacts to google and do a factory reset. As we know, the Desire is not known for having a large memory, and I suspect something is continously filling the cach memory resulting in no space.

Also might want to format your sd card (from your pc, fat32).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan