Outlook calendar message invite missing Date/time on droid mail

scotemi

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen a few positngs outlining this issue on this site and others.

I switched recently from a black berry to an Android 2.3 powered device - Samsung Stratosphere on Verizon.

Email invite messages from Outlook for meetings do not show the calendar detail. Specifically, I can not see the date and time of the meeting invitations. I can perform actions to "Accept", "Decline", or Tentative" the meeting invitation. Unfortunately, there isn't any meeting detail so I don't know when the meeting is scheduled.

This is very frustrating and makes the Samsung Stratosphere or possibly the Android platform not fit for corporate environments. If I can not get this to work I will be switching to an iPhone and I will recommend to my entire corporate enterprise that we avoid Android based Smart Devices.

The Black Berry BEZ environment also provided information on meeting conflicts when you are sent a meeting invitation.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve or do we abandon android?

Thanks,
~ Scot

Hid Dena

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Outlook calendar message invite missing Date/time on droid ma

I am having the same issue...
Running Android 2.3.4.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

AzAl

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I have the same problem. Samsung tech support sent me a meeting invite from Outlook 2007 and the date, time, and location came through. It won't work on invitations from within my organization using Outlook 2010. The tech said he'd pass this problem on up the chain. I emailed the link to this post to him also, so they can see it's not just me or my company's problem.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Mine (from Outlook 2010) come into my email with the option to "view in calendar" which takes me to the calendar with the meeting details.

It would be nice if the meeting details were on the actual email though to avoid another click.

jpinsl

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

A Google search shows that this has been a known issue for years, yet Google does nothing about it. (BTW, please star all the issues on that link.)

One workaround is to go online to the web-based calendar settings under "General", tick "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" and "Yes, but don't send event reminders unless I have responded Yes or Maybe".

Then go to the calendar entry on the phone and accept or deny the meeting invite.

tgoodman60

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I could not find the "general tick" I am assuming by web based calendar you are talking about gmail--