Bluetooth thoughts...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Comparing some BT options and wanted some opinions.

I currently picked up a 05 Explorer Sport Trac (the pickup of an explorer)
Great stock radio.

I have the following BT headset with my DINC.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro. LOVE IT. However, I want to stream music and not add a satellite receiver from my other car, etc.

My options:
I inherited a Moto T505 which Phil loves, but it does get choppy in some areas where I live as it uses the fm transmitter but otherwise is incredible with my incredible:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-T505...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1403752

Second option which is really expensive would be the parrot 9200, but my local shop wants me to pay 365.00 for the unit installed (hardwired) plus any additional wiring needed.

Amazon.com: Parrot MKi9200 Advanced Color Display Bluetooth Hands-Free Music Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

That is a LOT of cash for that IMHO, but I like the idea of keeping the stock radio as it works.

The least expensive option would be to do this on my own (I have in the past done radios) but it replaces a perfectly good radio:

Sony XplMd? MEX-BT3900U CD receiver at Crutchfield.com and add an external mic by my visor.
Total cost if I installed this? 210.00 +/-

Thoughts?

I would hardwire no matter what if I went with the Parrot or the Sony. I have the sony model below this one in my other car but it doesn't have BT.....

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Tony, it sounds like the best option might be to install the Parrot yourself. Personally I'd have a pro install it because I just know I'd mess something up in the dash and it would irk me until I sold the car, but if you're good at that kind of stuff, I would imagine it's only a few hours to do.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah for my car it's not a plug and play harness for my car.....I would have to splice like crazy. That's why I thought the in dash receiver would be the way to go.

I may just stick with my moto t505 and plantronics voyager pro.
Just using the fm transmitter at times is a PITA......wonder if I could take a car charger cut the wire and have it connected to the fuse panel in the car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae