Android System Sounds download

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Where can i download the OEM system sounds?? I scoured the web and couldnt find anythign close at all.

What i would like is to be able to download the android 2.3 keyboard click as a .wav (or other format) file so i could use it elsewhere.

any ideas?

if i cant get the actual android keyboard click sound, i would setlle for something else if i could find it!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
you can always extract the sound files out of Roms, and place them on your device. Just need a zip program. Check the development forums here or at xda developers.They have tons of roms in zip format.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
does that require rooting? sorry im new to android.
Not to extract them from the zip file...

Go download any custom ROM in stock form and extract the contents using WinRAR or Winzip.

You will find them all located inside a ROM zip as follows...

/system/media/audio/

Then you will see folders

/ui
/ringtones/
/notifications/
/alarms

They are all located in there.... Most are in what they call "ogg" format so you will have to find a conversion app to either convert them or play them so you can save them in a different format.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just pulled the UI sounds from the latest Gingerbread release on the Samsung Epic 4g (my old device).

Its all zipped up, just extract it with Winzip or WinRAR and then you will need to Google a program to play or convert "ogg" files to wav or whatever you want.

System UI sounds

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul! I was poking around on the xda forums trying to find a 'ROM' but couldnt really figure out what i was looking for... :mad:

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i found a codec actually for windows media player. i try not to install too many programs on my pc/apps on my phone unless neccessary.

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
paul maybe you could help me with one more thing. while i appreciate the effort in uploading that file, the keyboard click sounds are the old school 'typewriter' sounds that I'm trying to get rid of on the swiftkey x .apk.

what i want to replace it with is the sounds from the android keyboard that comes on the galaxys2/skyrocket...

any idea how to find the file pack? i finished downloading a ROM i found on the xda forums, but i cant figure out what to do w/ the file i downloaded. its a .exe for installing software on a phone. how do i extract sound files from the ROM?

Last edited:

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i found stock roms for the galaxy s2 but they are .exe's. what am i missing? what search terms should i be using to find a ROM thats a .zip file with the included UI sound files?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar