Blackberry convert: Please help with email

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me with.

I recently bought a Droid Razr which is an incredible phone (so far).

My main questions is regarding email and notifications.

I use 4 email accounts, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and one ActiveSync account.

It seems that I have to use an different app for Yahoo, Hotmail and Activesync.

They all have different notification settings and options which are driving me nuts,. For example, the Yahoo app only lets you select notification with ring / vibrate, you cannot just have vibrate. The native lets you select and so does hotmail.

Is there a better way to keep track of notifications so I don't have to go into 4 different apps to toggle around my notifications for different email addresses? I looked into the third party apps for email but there seems to be a problem with each of them. ie, Enhanced mail doesn't support Yahoo IMAP push,most do not support Activesync (EAS).

Is there an easy way to congregate all these email addresses that would make my life easier. The only app I didn't try was Toughdown, but I am willing to pay for any app that could organize my email.

I also was all the email to stay on the server when i delete it from the phone which is not available though the native EAS (corporate email) setup.

That was a long winded question, but any advice would be helpful.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me with.

I recently bought a Droid Razr which is an incredible phone (so far).

My main questions is regarding email and notifications.

I use 4 email accounts, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and one ActiveSync account.

It seems that I have to use an different app for Yahoo, Hotmail and Activesync.

They all have different notification settings and options which are driving me nuts,. For example, the Yahoo app only lets you select notification with ring / vibrate, you cannot just have vibrate. The native lets you select and so does hotmail.

Is there a better way to keep track of notifications so I don't have to go into 4 different apps to toggle around my notifications for different email addresses? I looked into the third party apps for email but there seems to be a problem with each of them. ie, Enhanced mail doesn't support Yahoo IMAP push,most do not support Activesync (EAS).

Is there an easy way to congregate all these email addresses that would make my life easier. The only app I didn't try was Toughdown, but I am willing to pay for any app that could organize my email.

I also was all the email to stay on the server when i delete it from the phone which is not available though the native EAS (corporate email) setup.

That was a long winded question, but any advice would be helpful.

I'm not sure if Touchdown will meet all your needs, but the app has a free version with a 30-day trial period so you can try it out and see if it works for you.

Reactions: Bye Berry

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at Maildroid. It has a free version that I use for several accounts (gmail and hotmail). It won't let you set up individual notifications for each account you sync it up with, but you can customize the program itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan