11-27-2011 05:40 PM
- so i'll get the Rezound soon.
Have a BB and the way GV works is that i am able to choose which way to send a text by either choosing my BB standard app or my Google voice text by selecting my method and shows my apprpriate phone number.
Is it the same way on Android Gingerbread?
Went to VZN today and when i opened up the GV App, it didnt appear that id be able to send a text specifically using the GV #.
Now i have 2 phone numbers-
BB # for family
GV # for work
will i be able to continue this, as i really dont want to share my real # w/ work people.
thanks11-19-2011 09:47 PM
- On my HTC Sensation this is how it works for me. If I want to text from my normal T-Mobile number I open the message app and text away, if I want to text from my Google Voice number I open the Google Voice app and text. So if you use one for family and friends and one for work it seems to me that it would work perfect since one app will service family/friends and one will service work contacts, keeping bot separate. The problem lies when someone knows both numbers and texts you on one, then the other and you have a conversation going on in 2 different apps. Hope this helps.
Victor11-24-2011 12:05 AM
- thanks guys and Rex, thats how it works on my BB.
I can either go to my general BB SMS folder and text from there, or Open GV and text from there and depending on where i text from, it'll be the # that shows up.
Also, if i go directly from my contact list, I have the option, to call and/or SMS from either app.
I guess what happened in the stores was that there might have not been 2 different #s to choose from.
Maybe when GV was installed, it adoped that phones assigned phone # vs. a user who would have thier own unique and different #....11-25-2011 12:00 PM
- The phone app has the ability to call from either. When you hit the call button, it asks to call via GV or phone. You can pick one to be the default as well. When you dial a number without area code, it automatically goes via phone (instead of GV). It would be nice to be able to select which number to call out based on each person in the address book, but it is still nice to be able to choose for each call.11-25-2011 02:43 PM
- sprint is the only carrier that allows you to integrate one number for you phone and google voice. so, yes, the fact that you have verizon, you must have 2 different numbers. you can text from either, or you can call from either.
http://www.google.com/googlevoice/sprint/11-27-2011 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD