Folder Structure on my SD Card?

alb123

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting off with an HTC Rezound. It's my first Android device and admittedly, I know almost nothing about Android. I wanted to add some custom ringtones and notification tones - I'm so familiar with the custom ringtones I used on my BlackBerry, I saw no reason to limit myself to the included tones on the device. I was able to track down a thread that said I should create the following directory structure:

media > audio > ringtones
media > audio > notifications
media > audio > alarms

I did that and now I have access to the tones I wanted...fantastic! What I'd like to know, now, is how should I create a folder structure to store Microsoft Word documents and/or Excel spreadsheets. Also, how about music (mp3s) and/or video (.mp4) files? For the music and video do I need to do something like:

media > audio > music
media > video > movies

What about the documents? I'm assuming that applications that can compose and edit Word documents are going to look in a default location. It is bizarre that Android doesn't create a directory structure for you. Who doesn't like to be tidy? More importantly, who doesn't like their files to be found! Personally, I find it strange that in order to use the same .mp3 file as a ringtone and an alarm I have to keep two copies of the .mp3 file on my SD card. One in media > audio > ringtones and another copy in media > audio > alarms.

Thanks!

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
android is designed like this, to allow you to customize your phone to "your liking". you will learn how much more flexible android is compared to blackberry.

StableBoy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Its an idiotic design lacking structure, you copy a WAV file from your PC (cause Outlook's Email notification sound for email just sounds appropriate) onto your phone. And everytime you use the Music player, it plays the wav file. Flexibility is not always practical, for example when you drink too much and get lucky, Mr floppy joins you the night and she never gets impressed even though it only happens once or twice in your lifetime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers