Phone blacked out!?

rickpereira7

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) with Froyo (hope that helps).

So today i wasnt using my phone and looked it was completly off, with the exception that it wouldnt turn on. So i removed the battery and tried again and it worked fine. Problem is that someone swears that they called me just before i did that and that it rang as normal. So phone was "off"(blacked out?), did not ring and pressing all the buttons did nothing...why did it do this and how is it possible that it was ringing on the other side?

This created a personal issue for me so all the help is appreciated. Has it happened to anyone else?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It happens sometimes. Where you think the device is dead, but consider it a deep sleep. Just because "they" get a ring, doesn't necessarily mean your device is ringing. It could have just been on the edge of connecting, thus forcing the network to go through it's usual procedure, ring ring ring about 9 times till you get the error or auto disconnect, even though you may have just pulled your battery!

Besides, I believe the ringing you hear, is network generated, and not actually originating from your device per say.

Sorry it got you in a pickle ;)

Actually, be thankful it didn't behave like it sometimes does here in EU. When you're on the verge of losing signal,the caller will hear it ring. But you don't. Then when they immediately call back, they get the dreaded (russian recording) that you are no longer available for calls!!! Happens quite often in the metro.

rickpereira7

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It?s such a weird situation and obv hard to understand so it did put me in a bad situation. Any idea why the phone does that? is it a real problem?

Thanks a lot for your answer and help.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a real problem. Just keep an eye on it. If it happens often, Back up your contacts and such, and do a factory reset. SD contents are safe.

It could be a rogue app, or just your OS got corrupted a little.

Get her flowers. 11 white roses (no more, no less). All will be ok.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Just keep an eye on the phone for strange behavior.

The "read" wasn't difficult. Been there, did that. Remember, it's winter, so white roses are required. Don't give red, bad form.

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Do u ever turn ur phone off? Even for a few mins? If not, u should. That's a mistake a lot of people make. U need to give ur phone a network connection reset. Turn ur phone off. Leave it off for 2 to 5mins. Then turn it back on. After phone comes back on, let it set for about a min, then use it. What happens at times is, the operating system hiccups. Its a common thing, nothing to worry about. Also, you will want to upgrade ur firmware to gingerbread. It contains the fix for that kind of problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463