Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Default Re: miss my silence switch

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Five options:
    1. Slide the lockscreen notification to open the app and unlock the phone
    not sure how to do this in my pocket
    2. Hold down the Volumn down button
    have to unlock phone first
    3. Put SilentMode OnOff toggle on the lockscreen with Executive Assistant or WidgetLocker Lockscreen
    I like widget locker but again, can't do in my pocket... and it doesn't have built in security.. I have to then do the regular lock screen
    4. Use Light Flow to automatically turn off sounds during times you can't have sounds.
    looked at this.. not sure how it helps me...
    5. Use Tasker to automatically turn off sounds at certain times or when you are at a location such as work or school.
    This is a possibility... will try this

Thanks.. I love the skyrocket... this is just one important feature that I wish it had.
    Thanked by:
    milominderbinde likes this.

Default Re: Apple User's Guide to Android

Thanks for the great tips. I just switched from iphone to Android and will never look back.

Btw the visual vm previous posters refer to on the iphone is different than on Android phone. Android is real visual.
    Last edited by pjvegi1; 01-05-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Red face Re: Apple User's Guide to Android

I have been a confirmed mac user for many years. I just had my iphone pinched and decided it was time to get out of prison! I got an unlocked samsung galaxy s2 and I'm swimming in information and a brand new language. I need a lot of help. Particulary syncing my android with my macbookpro: music, photos, contacts calendar. Some I can do through my google acct but not all.

!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: What is the Right Size Phone?

I just purchased the HTC Rezound from Verizon and I will admit I am impressed (not that it takes much). Just wanted to say thanks for the article, just when I needed a few 'tweak' tips you were here for me!!! Right On

Default Re: How To Use Vlingo's Voice Commands

great tutorial ... thanks for guiding us.This tutorial is really helpful for us
    Thanked by:
    milominderbinde likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Default Re: How To Use Vlingo's Voice Commands

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccawilbert10 View Post
    great tutorial ... thanks for guiding us.This tutorial is really helpful for us
    Rebecca,

Thank you!
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

I've been looking through the forums but can't find any help on my issue, how can I put movies in my iTunes onto my galaxy s2 skyrocket, I've only had this phone a day and it is awesome, thanks to anyone who can help me!

Red face Re: Apple User's Guide to Android

Hi I hope someone can help me my husbund has a Motorola Droid and I have a I phone cant update for a year,the problem is that my husbund bought me a kindlefire and I like to play some games on facebook but when I try to install them it says I dont have know device how can my husund put his android information on my kindle so I can get to the market please help

epic thread to compare all and learn new thinks

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Android apple mobile is a wonderful to using this android wedding app. this android app have more features use to plan your wedding without any pain. so you can use this app and enjoy your moments.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Awesome tips. Thanks for the time to write this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TNmoparguy View Post
    I've been looking through the forums but can't find any help on my issue, how can I put movies in my iTunes onto my galaxy s2 skyrocket, I've only had this phone a day and it is awesome, thanks to anyone who can help me!
    Unfortunately iTunes movies have drm. Look at tune4mac though. It's on windows & Mac I believe.

Wow this information is really priceless...Thanks & Keep Posting...

Really glad that I came across this on this forum just digging around, very well written!! 1 week ago today I jumped ship from a iPhone 3GS to a HOX!! I love this thing, just when I think I'm good on knowledge for awhile, I find more stuff that these phones can do!! Also thank you everyone on here for being so helpful!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

So glad this thread is here. I'm thinking of not getting the new iphone in favor of the Galaxy S3. I'm sold on the features 100%. My real question comes down to using an Android phone with an Apple computer. What's it like using an Android phone with a Macbook? And how does all of that work?

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

Thank you for this---just discovered after using Samsung Infuse 4G for a year! My biggest problem, as a Mac user, is inability to upgrade firmware. I still have stock, 2.2.1, 1997UCKH1, and am stymied. ATT store cannot help. Samsung does not seem to offer a workaround. Do you know one? I was just trying to download new app, Google Field Trip to my phone and received error message that the app was not compatible with my device; Same for Watch/ESPN. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I like it!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

What a great thread, ive just sent my mate to this who has moved to the greener grass

Quote Originally Posted by radman202 View Post
    This is a possibility... will try this
    Is there a more simple guide to how to use an android, when coming from iPhone3? I have Samsung Captivate Glide, & am sure it is a great, advanced phone -but I dont know how to use all the features, or operate many of the capabilities it has.
    Please help & thanks

Thanks.. I love the skyrocket... this is just one important feature that I wish it had.

I don't understand all this business about being locked into iTunes music, you have access to just as much music with your iPhone as with your Android phone. You don't have to download from iTunes if you don't want to, you can import all the music you want to your library. Just moved to Android and I'll be sticking with iTunes (as well as having my library uploaded to Google Music), easy way to organize and play music on your computer.

I think the argument over visual voicemail stems a difference in what people think visual voicemail is. Thanks but I don't need to look at someones picture when listening to voicemail, what I want is to not have to dial a number and listen to a robot tell me the phone numbers (that I haven't memorized) that have left me messages, I want instant access to a list of names with the date they left the message. That's the visual voicemail that launched with the iPhone, I'm still not sure if I can do that on my Nexus 4, anyone want to help out an Android noob?

Your section on the screen should be removed. First, the screen you get will depend on the handset not the operating system, there are many Android phones that have awful displays. Second, while it's true that OLEDs don't have a backlight, and darker images will help preserve the battery, it's also true that OLEDs are young tech and still notoriously power hungry.

Some parts of this post seem like an honest attempt to help an iPhone get used to Android, but others seem like biased iPhone bashing and I think they need revision.

From a new user's perspective, best thing about Android so far:
    New 4.2 (swype-style) stock keyboard, I was worried about typing with one hand on such a big phone but this thing is great. Still a little shaky but getting quicker, also it's just fun.

I bought a Galaxy S3 but am about to sell it and go back to my iPhone 4! With the hugely disappointing original keyboard, the browser's inability to understand webpage column widths, Music Hub, the ugly alien which shows every time I type a smile, and the occasional crash, it's a fairly depressing experience. I would only use Galaxy S3 if I had 50 spare hours and a desire to learn how to make it work properly. If I did have 50 spare hours and that desire, it would probably be awesome. But time is scarce.

thanks for information

I sure hope I'm posting this in the right place.

My wife and I have been very long-term iPhone users. Actually Apple users in general.

We do not have a PC in the house.

Both of us have an iMac as our primary computers. So some of these instructions confuse me. They seem to be oriented towards people with PCs.

We have also just purchased two new Note 2 phones, and couldn't be any happier or excited. Our iPhones have become so stale and boring and the first time I put my hands on a Note 2, I knew I had to have it. But we are having issues syncing everything.

Alright, so I want to continue to use my iMac and iPad. The iPhones are going away.

My main mobile device will be the Note 2. And I will not be using my iPhone 5 any longer, so nothing needs to sync to it.

What I want is to sync my contacts from my iMac to my Note 2 and then keep them synced between my iMac, Note 2 and iPad.

I've tried installing from my iphone the caldev and carddev accounts - and I've also tried doing it from the Mac.

It wasn't working no matter what I tried to do. Finally, I found an answer. The problem was in the length and complexity of my password to Google.

Here is the URL that explains it nicely.

Google Groups

Now, if I add a contact on one device it syncs across all of them.

What I can't seem to make happen is to get all of my current contacts from my Mac on to Google contacts so it will sync to my Note 2.

***And just figured that out too. Google has made lots of changes recently. Here is exactly how to do it. And it is VERY easy and fast. Now all devices including my iMac, iPads, and my incredible Note 2 are all syncing effortlessly using Google as the cloud without having to use any extra software or paying anything.

Google Sync

The changeover to my Note 2 is progressing very nicely now. The iPhone is becoming a distant memory. :-)
    Last edited by DonCielo; 02-19-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: to update and give answers

del
    Last edited by DonCielo; 02-19-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast