Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Default Re: miss my silence switch

good post but still some questions remained unanswered
    how much apple i phone is venerable to malwares

Having everything from Apple, Mac/Time Capsule/Apple TV/iPad mini/iPhone 5, I'm going for the challange. Beeing bored by IOS and disapointed after the introduction of the iPhone 5S/IOS7, I pre ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I was worried about the switch but this thread helped al lot! Thanks for that!

Getting my Note 3 on 9-27!

If anyone has more tips for me, that would be great!
    Thanked by:

Hi, I'm an iOS user considering his first Android tablet and have a very basic newbie-type question re apps. With iOS there are apps designed to run on iPhones or iPads, or both. It is usually clearly indicated which type they are. On Android I see no such distinction. Are Android apps 'one-size-fits-all' or are there different versions for phones and tablets? I would appreciate any help you can give in this area...along with tolerance of a very new user.

Having made the change to android some time ago the one most infuriating thing is the updates. I have a Galaxy IIS which Is a good phone and meets my needs but I am very tired of the bloat ware that comes on it from ATT and the lag in OS software updates. I am considering returning to the Iphone to be in line with the rest of the family and simple ease of use with updates. I have to admit though that this phone is far tougher than any iphone I have had.

well updates are definitely a problem with Android (or any system other than iOS). However, I believe the Galaxy S2 has updates available to bring it to at least Android 4.0, though I’ve heard mixed reports on whether this helps performance.
    Rolandrice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by richardcb View Post
    Hi, I'm an iOS user considering his first Android tablet and have a very basic newbie-type question re apps. With iOS there are apps designed to run on iPhones or iPads, or both. It is usually clearly indicated which type they are. On Android I see no such distinction. Are Android apps 'one-size-fits-all' or are there different versions for phones and tablets? I would appreciate any help you can give in this area...along with tolerance of a very new user.
    Sorry for the lateness of this reply. Android app compatibility with tablets varies. Some apps are designed specifically for tablets, while others can adapt to whatever device you have. Most apps that were designed only for a phone-sized device can still run on a tablet, but it just gets stretched out and looks low-resolution. There's usually a stretch-to-fit-screen toggle in the notification area (it looks like 4 arrows pointing outward) that will toggle between normal size (i.e., a phone-sized window in your large tablet screen) and stretched-out size.

Certain apps will be reported as incompatible with some devices, often because of resolution or screen size. Google Play will let you know if the app is compatible.

Default Re: Apple User's Guide to Android

I think I'll spend a lot of time reading these posts =) nicely made, AC!

Quote Originally Posted by BoOuds View Post
    Having everything from Apple, Mac/Time Capsule/Apple TV/iPad mini/iPhone 5, I'm going for the challange. Beeing bored by IOS and disapointed after the introduction of the iPhone 5S/IOS7, I pre ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I was worried about the switch but this thread helped al lot! Thanks for that!

Getting my Note 3 on 9-27!

If anyone has more tips for me, that would be great!
    I'm sure you've seen this already, but this is the best number of Android tips I've seen in a long time. Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Guys,

Can anyone help as I can't seem to find the answer.

I've just changed from iPhone to Nexus 5 and I can't seem to work out how I can play spottily via wifi onto my stereo. On the iPhone there is a simple option to decide if you want to use the phone speaker or play via wifi. I've tried searching this forum and the web, maybe the keywords are wrong but can anyone help?

Thanks,

LL

Quote Originally Posted by larrylizzard79 View Post
    Guys,

Can anyone help as I can't seem to find the answer.

I've just changed from iPhone to Nexus 5 and I can't seem to work out how I can play spottily via wifi onto my stereo. On the iPhone there is a simple option to decide if you want to use the phone speaker or play via wifi. I've tried searching this forum and the web, maybe the keywords are wrong but can anyone help?

Thanks,

LL
    Welcome to Android Central! Android doesn't come with a native wifi-to-speaker feature--for that kind of functionality, you can use Bluetooth, but you need a Bluetooth speaker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123