The application Phone has stopped unexpectedly.

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I was un-installing a program last night and I got this message:

The application Phone (process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Then I have to hit the "force close" button but the message just comes back. I've had this problem all morning too.

I've tried:
1) restarting it- to no avail
2) accessing the hboot menu, attempting recovery- I got a red triangle with exclamation mark and then a message that said, "could not access verizon"
3) poking around the back-up assistant- could not find anything useful

I've read on the forum that some people have had some similar problems but it didn't seem to help me. Any ideas on how to restore the Phone application? Thanks.

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your help.

I was un-installing a Korean app (I think, all the text was in Korean). It was an app that I downloaded to help me pic out a new hairstyle about a month ago. The app was total junk. It didn't seem to cause any problems with the phone until I went to un-install it. I went to the management page to un-install but it couldn't count the size of the app. It was displaying random numbers. I hit un-install and then I got the error message.

However, since my post I have reset the phone to the factory settings. It's a bummer because I lost the history of my text messages. But fortunately all my pictures were saved to the SD card so they are ok. I'm just trying to re-download all the apps I had. The Verizon restore tool is not very intuitive and the instructions are unclear and unhelpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol