Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Sizing Chart: What is the Right Size Phone?

Maybe for men, they really want to have a phone with more than 4" since they really have big hands. hihihi. I'm already contented with iPhone's screen size. It doesn't matter as long as the features are great

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

i have medium sized hands, and the galaxy s3 is a little big for me but its a great phone over all so thats okay.
    if i was to suggest a size that would be perfect for all people it would be the Motorola Razr

My stellar has a 4 inch screen and it's really comfy...and I have hams for fists. I will say the one HUGE thing is that I do use Swype, and I can type like a mad man with just my right thumb.

I am sure I'd love something like a s3, but I would need new pockets.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the information, good to know.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

The best size for one according to his hand sizes.

I'm 6" 6" and I used to use iphone 3gs, never had any problems with texting but with the nexus 4 it is a strain reaching across when texting, trying to adjust but its still a strain as its a bit too wide. Plus hit the bottom right key frequently. Anyone else having this issue? My hands are right kinda size for this size phone and it strains my hand. Wish there was an app to resize keyboard spacing, just because screen is that wide doesnt mean the keyboard should be.

Bottom line is if it does it for me with my hands, whats it like for small? Problem is too that if the keyboard is low, peoples lower thumb can keep hitting the screen if you have big hands, so a bit screen still needs suitable space because larger hands have different elements. The iphone 3gs was perfect for typing. The nexus 4 is a problem which I cannot solve and its getting to me now...

I like my Pre3 with a 3.8" display

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm curious if the people who want a 5"+ screen guys or girls. Girls have the luxury of carrying the brick of a phone in their purses. In my case (i'm a guy) even a 4.5" feels too big in my pocket.
    Don't put the phone in yer friggen pocket then. That's what holsters are for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shoot, I don't even remember what I was trying to ask in that post. Excuse my poor grammar lol. I don't like the feeling of having my phone out in the open, but of course this is all preference.
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.

I love my ginormous Galaxy Note 2. I'm a female with normal hands and the N2 is in my purse if it's not in my hands. It also fits in the pocket of my sweats when I work out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Medium fingers, my GS3 (4.8"?) feels perfect. At times I have to sort of slide the phone down in my hand, but I love it.

I also LOVE the feel of the Atrix 4G, I wish Verizon had a comparable 4G handset. Hell, if I didn't want to lose my 4gb data I'd switch to a DInc for the hell of it.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I was too the note 2 but am happy with the gnex or s3/4 sizes. IPhone is too small but has the most accurate keyboard to be honest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have small hands and my HTC Amaze has a 4.4" screen. It fits my hands very well and the screen is LARGER than any iPhone so viewing icons is never a chore. I wonder if HTC did size testing before they released it. If any smaller, I'd get headaches trying to see what's on the screen. Any larger (even half an inch) and it'd feel cumbersome and awkward to use.

I think phone size wouldn't matter much. It depends on our choice.

I have some larger hands s this might not apply for the ladies, but there is nothing like having a gigantic screen like the one found on the Note. I L-O-V-E that thing...but is nearly impossible to use one handed if you have small to medium sized hands.

Love the note 3 size. Fits in my pocket comfortably but i do wear baggy pants. If anything i would like to see a 6 inch screen

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.15-SPH-D710.FF18

Quote Originally Posted by dman2411 View Post
    Love the note 3 size. Fits in my pocket comfortably but i do wear baggy pants. If anything i would like to see a 6 inch screen
    Come on over to the Mega 6.3"

☆☆ Galaxy MEGA 6.3 ☆☆
    SAMSUNG GALAXY SII RUNNING ON ICS 4.04

iPhone 5/5s has the perfect screen size.

The lumia 620 has the perfect screen size and shape. Very comfortable to hold and use.
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

I'm a chic with small hands, holding my big a$$ Note 3 in right and typing with left, and won't trade it for smaller screen. Since well, they all seem small. I recently moved from an iPhone 5 and when I put them next to each I have to squint at the iPhone. I can fit the SN3 in my pocket, purse, and hold it comfortably to text and surf. I can text one handed thanks to Swype :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'm a woman with small palms but long fingers... And poor eyesight, lol. So for me the note 3 is perfect. I had no trouble getting used to its size, it took less than a day, I can type one handed without using the one handed setting. Admittedly I don't type very fast, though.

I have large hands and use the Note3. I was concerned at first, but it has turned out to be just fine. I think the right size compromise for all uses. Of course a bigger screen would be easier for browsing, video, etc. But a smaller handful would be better for pocket and ear. The Note3 has turned out to be the best for both uses. I could have a slightly bigger screen and be happy for everything except for pocketing it. If you wear slim fit jeans, the Note 3 is a bit uncomfortable.

well it's depend on the user, which size of a cell phones he/her wants,
    i personalty was not like the big phones but smart phones change my mind , now i have my cell phones with the size of 4.0

My first and current android phone has a screen size of 4.3" and let me tell you, it is the best size.
    Not too big, not too small.

I have seen all Note phones and they are obnoxiously big and difficult too handle in your hand and your trouser pocket.
    (There are a lot of mobile snatchers in my country)

The optimal size range in my opinion is 4.3" to 5".

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ahmedbatty; 04-14-2014 at 08:25 AM.

I prefer 4.7 to 5 inch its the great size !!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12