Bridging the gap with a used, inexpensive phone?

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I am currently using a D2G which is beginning to have some hardware problems, plus being generally slow anyways. I am not up for an upgrade until next October and don't want to spend a significant amount of money for a new phone until the quad core phones come out beginning/middle of next year. What are some solid sub-$250 options that I could pick up to bridge the gap?

I would like a larger screen than what I have now and don't need (or really want) the hardware keyboard. I don't need LTE. Would like it to run stock Gingerbread or have the option of running CM nightly builds. I would prefer new but will buy used. I am on Verizon.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide!

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Check eBay for a used-like-new or new phone with a clean ESN from a top rated seller.

A HTC Droid Incredible would be a great choice in my opinion. There were a lot of these phones sold, they're a great device that is easily rooted (if needed) and they recently received stock Gingerbread 2.3.4.

Here is one that's cheap and looks pretty legit: New Without Box 100% Guaranteed Working HTC Droid Incredible 1 Verizon | eBay

Good luck!

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This looks like a great option. Let me ask this, is there a known "good" commercial entity I could buy this phone from online? I hate the idea of buying electronics, especially phones, off of eBay.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
That I'm not sure of. Between due diligence (review seller's feedback, email seller, common sense), plus eBay and PayPal coverage you're probably OK in most instances though.

I can see where you would be hesitant however.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk