Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By baseballfanz
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By rapnalaka
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Change The Default Video Player?

How do I change the default video player? Right now it is set to open and play videos in the default Android video player, but I want to use a better, more feature rich video player from the marketplace. I tried using apps that changed defaults, but they didn't have any options for videos, just which default app would open pics.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Go into Settings>Applications>Manage application>find the video player that's default right now, click on it and find the clear default button.
    Last edited by baseballfanz; 12-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Go into Settings>Applications>Manage application>find the video player that's default right now, click on it and find the clear default button.
    Thanks! I got it to work. That was easier then I thought it would be.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Default Re: How To Change The Default Video Player?

Hi all,

There are 100s of apps on my phone and I have no clue which one is the default video player app. I have never set any app as default for playing videos so does anybody know which app is the - let's call it factory setted - default app for playing videos (Samsung Galaxy Note)? I'd really appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Freddy

If you're not sure, you should be able to clear all defaults. Go to Settings/Apps, then tap the menu button and select "Reset app preferences" or something to that effect (the wording may differ between devices.

thank you very much for your information. i tried it and worked it. thank you very much again
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rapnalaka View Post
    thank you very much for your information. i tried it and worked it. thank you very much again
    Glad it helped, and welcome to Android Central!

Shoot. I used to be able to choose the player in Facebook but now "some" player automatically opens. I want to be able to choose because I can use Allcast and watch on my TV. Well, now I cannot. Tried resetting app preferences and that did not work. Not sure what the heck happened...it worked fine yesterday!!

Same here...I have soft rest, hard reset, no changes. I went to bestbuy and played with a demo phone (note 3) it worked fine, I am wondering if Facebook changed something that now we can't use our own player, love to knw how to fix that . I used yo be able to down load video but I can't now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Alimi View Post
    Same here...I have soft rest, hard reset, no changes. I went to bestbuy and played with a demo phone (note 3) it worked fine, I am wondering if Facebook changed something that now we can't use our own player, love to knw how to fix that . I used yo be able to down load video but I can't now.
    It indeed is a Facebook issue. I tried uninstalling then re-installing and it worked for a little while...then went back into using "some" video player. It does this on both my S4 and Tab II so I know it isn't the phone.

I have a Droid RAZR Maxx and have the same problem. I don't care for the standard player you get from the Gallery.

Can it be changed?