Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I delete contacts on my EVOwithout wiping them off gmail?

I finally got all of my contacts synced with Gmail. I am having a major memory leak in my contacts, it's up to 108mb. I tested the sync by deleting a contact from my phone. This synced it with gmail, and deleted it there as well. How can I wipe my contacts from my phone while keeping them on gmail?

Default Re: How can I delete contacts on my EVOwithout wiping them off gm

Both the PC version of Gmail Contacts and the Android Contacts app are lloking at the same Gmail Contacts. Deleting a contact in one place is designed to delete it in the other.

If what you want to do is only see a certain group of contact on your phone, see the Getting Started section on Contacts, Contact Groups.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How can I delete contacts on my EVOwithout wiping them off gm

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Both the PC version of Gmail Contacts and the Android Contacts app are lloking at the same Gmail Contacts. Deleting a contact in one place is designed to delete it in the other.

If what you want to do is only see a certain group of contact on your phone, see the Getting Started section on Contacts, Contact Groups.
    What I am trying to do is delete all my contacts off of my phone because there appears to be a memory leak there. It takes up 108mb on my phone for Contact Storage. I know that 5xx contacts doesn't take up that much space, so I exported my contacts to the sd card, then put it on the Mac, and imported it to gmail, so that all of the contacts were on the gmail server. My contact storage is still showing 108mb, so how can I get that number down? Does that make more sense?