12-10-2011 10:57 AM
- I'm looking for a recommendation on a cheap entry level Android Tablet. I'm a high school baseball coach and we keep our game stats on an ipod touch currently. I was hoping to upgrade to a 7" or 8" tablet now that the software program we use has an Android version of their software.
Are there any cheap entry level 7-8" tablets that give access to the full Android market? I've gone through the Amazon listings and so far have struck out in locating one. Since this will only be used outdoors and could get banged around a bit I don't want to use a good tablet, I want something cheap that we can dedicate to this purpose.
Anyone have any suggestions?12-06-2011 11:06 AM
- How much is the budget for such device?
Most decent tab will run you in the $200 range. Bestbuy has the Transformer on sale now for $299
That's what I use and I run Gamechanger on it, work great.
Found this link
Cheap Android tablets you can get for under 200$
BTW: My son play HS baseball.12-06-2011 11:33 AM
- Moscow DesireTroubleshooterThere seems to be some cheap Android tablet here
of course you don't have to buy from there but use the brand to look around and compare price.
Remember, you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, you get cheap.
Kindle Fire seems to almost be in the price range. 199, and Best Buy "was" selling the Acer Iconia a500 8gb for 229 just recently. And I would sacrifice several Mickey D's combo meals and buy one of them, before I thought about one of the clones.
But, if you really wanna go the cheap way, then, and I don't reccommend it, the FlyTouch Super Pad (). At least it had some reviews through some notable gadget sites. Just don't be surprised if it blows it's cookies after a few days. But hey, you may get lucky12-10-2011 12:01 AM
- I found the Filemate Identity Tab also listed as Enspert Identity Tab on Walmart on Black friday for $188. Cheapest ive seen it anywhere else is dynamism.com. Believe it is a korean brand. It got some good revues and even saw a comaparison with the galaxy tab that made it equal if not slighlty better in some areas. Loving it so far but I bought it as a present for my wife so I cant play too much on it.12-10-2011 09:17 AM
- Moscow DesireTroubleshooterLike I said, sometimes you get lucky.
The way I figure, if you spend less than $175 bucks, you will probably get crap.
And it will blow chunks within the first couple days.
But, to show people how crazy I am, I think I'm gonna buy one of those $65 chinese all in one, ipad killers, compatible to modern tabs, etc, etc, etc.... Because, I am curious, and because, I am tired of my preggy wife stealing my OC'd customized Iconia!!! Just to check her e-mail!!!!12-10-2011 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD