1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cheapest tablet with Android Market access?

I'm looking for a recommendation on a cheap entry level Android Tablet. I'm a high school baseball coach and we keep our game stats on an ipod touch currently. I was hoping to upgrade to a 7" or 8" tablet now that the software program we use has an Android version of their software.

Are there any cheap entry level 7-8" tablets that give access to the full Android market? I've gone through the Amazon listings and so far have struck out in locating one. Since this will only be used outdoors and could get banged around a bit I don't want to use a good tablet, I want something cheap that we can dedicate to this purpose.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: Cheapest tablet with Android Market access?

How much is the budget for such device?

Most decent tab will run you in the $200 range. Bestbuy has the Transformer on sale now for $299
    That's what I use and I run Gamechanger on it, work great.

Found this link

BTW: My son play HS baseball.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I really was hoping for one of the basic tablets.. say those in the ~$100-$150 range that could do this. All I want to do on this particular device is run gamechanger, I'm not going to use it for anything else.

There seems to be some cheap Android tablet here

of course you don't have to buy from there but use the brand to look around and compare price.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    There seems to be some cheap Android tablet here

of course you don't have to buy from there but use the brand to look around and compare price.
    Hope you speak chinese

Remember, you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, you get cheap.

Kindle Fire seems to almost be in the price range. 199, and Best Buy "was" selling the Acer Iconia a500 8gb for 229 just recently. And I would sacrifice several Mickey D's combo meals and buy one of them, before I thought about one of the clones.

But, if you really wanna go the cheap way, then, and I don't reccommend it, the FlyTouch Super Pad (). At least it had some reviews through some notable gadget sites. Just don't be surprised if it blows it's cookies after a few days. But hey, you may get lucky

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

best buy did have the acer a100 on for $189 on black friday, they currently list the price as $250 and walmart will price match. it's might be your best bet for a full on android 7" incher.

I found the Filemate Identity Tab also listed as Enspert Identity Tab on Walmart on Black friday for $188. Cheapest ive seen it anywhere else is dynamism.com. Believe it is a korean brand. It got some good revues and even saw a comaparison with the galaxy tab that made it equal if not slighlty better in some areas. Loving it so far but I bought it as a present for my wife so I cant play too much on it.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Like I said, sometimes you get lucky.

The way I figure, if you spend less than $175 bucks, you will probably get crap.

And it will blow chunks within the first couple days.

But, to show people how crazy I am, I think I'm gonna buy one of those $65 chinese all in one, ipad killers, compatible to modern tabs, etc, etc, etc.... Because, I am curious, and because, I am tired of my preggy wife stealing my OC'd customized Iconia!!! Just to check her e-mail!!!!