Public Library Access - A500

TENS

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am a new user; I just picked up my Acer A500 yesterday. I was up late last night trying to familiarize myself with it. I got stuck on how to download the App that will allow me to read books from the public library.

Each time I attempted to download via the library I was linked to Amazon.com where I was instructed to download Kindle for Androids (the other option was pdf). I downloaded and installed the App. I was then instructed to register the "Kindle" with Amazon. The registration was unsuccessful because the A500 does not have a 16 char SNID but apparently the Kindle does.
I contacted Amazon this morning, the tech had me on hold for 12 minutes. When he returned he had no idea what to tell me.

Long story short (I guess it's too late for that now) is anyone accessing the public library? If so what App are you using? Does it depend on which public library you use?

Thanx,
TENS

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it has everything to do with the individual library. I doubt there is a standard that all libraries follow as far as mobile app choice. My local library, for example, uses My Media Mall, whose member libraries are all in northern Illinois.