SD Card Nonsense

Detached1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone I was wondering if there is a way to get apps onto an SD card now that it seems Google has restricted it. Also if there is a way to get Downloaded$$ Music(from amazon) onto the SD card. I have 250 apps from Amazon and probably 50 from Google market but none can be transferred to SD card and neither can the music I purchased. Instead it says "Move to Media Area" which is just another area of internal phone storage. And that filled up quick. Went to verizon and he said all the new phones were like this,he figured that out AFTER he wiped my phone clean.Thank you. Droid X2.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well since u have dedicated app storage some where over 2gb that is enough not to bother moving apps. Moving apps to SD card can lead to FC and what not. Set up google music and let the cloud deal with storing music. Amazon offers cloud storage also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Detached1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
have only Downloaded about 10 apps since my phone has been wiped ,the rest are stuck in the Amazon and Google store. I only have 4g of internal storage. I guess Ill have to uninstall an app to play the next app .Cloud music only works when you have a connection,I dont like being limited like that. Thanks for your reply I guess my app buying days are over since I cant store them anymore. And its back to cds.

Detached1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
1. Tap 2. Scroll to and tap Files to open the file manager 3. Tap Internal phone storage 4. Scroll to the folder or file location to your desired file 5. Tap and hold the file,then choose Copy or Move 6. Press the back key and Tap the SD card 7. Scroll to the folder or file location where you want to place your desired file 8. Tap Paste here 9. Your file has been placed into your other storage location

Found a fix! This works although not for all apps.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Tap 2. Scroll to and tap Files to open the file manager 3. Tap Internal phone storage 4. Scroll to the folder or file location to your desired file 5. Tap and hold the file,then choose Copy or Move 6. Press the back key and Tap the SD card 7. Scroll to the folder or file location where you want to place your desired file 8. Tap Paste here 9. Your file has been placed into your other storage location

Found a fix! This works although not for all apps.

I'm surprised that works, because by doing it that way the system won't know where to find the app. Have you tried App2SD?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone I was wondering if there is a way to get apps onto an SD card now that it seems Google has restricted it. Also if there is a way to get Downloaded$$ Music(from amazon) onto the SD card. I have 250 apps from Amazon and probably 50 from Google market but none can be transferred to SD card and neither can the music I purchased. Instead it says "Move to Media Area" which is just another area of internal phone storage. And that filled up quick. Went to verizon and he said all the new phones were like this,he figured that out AFTER he wiped my phone clean.Thank you. Droid X2.

300 apps? What could you possibly be doing with 300 apps? You might want to consider not reinstalling some of them, and, only installing what you need. I get the free app from Amazon every day, but, I never install it, just "purchase" it. I have the option to install whatever app I want whenever I want, so, unless I'm actively using it, why bother having it installed.

I assume most of the 300 apps are games? You can't be playing that many games, just install what you are currently playing. If you want to keep your save data, you should be able to copy the folder from storage to your computer before you uninstall it. You can test it out with some data you aren't really concerned about, but, I have had success with it in the past.

As moosc said, whatever storage space you have dedicated for apps should be plenty. I think you just need to make sure you do a little routine maintenance and house keeping every so often. I have a weekly calendar event setup that reminds me to uninstall apps I don't use, and, do some general phone maintenance. You might want to do the same. :D

tedj101

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I Put music downloads from Amazon on my external SD card by putting the external SD card (in an adapter) in my computer and copying to a directory I created in the card named MUSIC. My music plays from there no problem.

Just a thought!

<TED>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital