How can I set specific sounds?

caracena

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is it possible to manage all my phone sounds individually? I want to do something like the following:

- Disable the "charge complete" sound
- Set everything to SILENT before I go to sleep, except if it's a SMS or call from work.

Right now, when I go to bed, I have to leave the sound ON but disable 3G and WiFi so it doesn't sound 50 times with emails at night but wake me up if someone calls or text me from my work. I would like to disable all sounds but leave on calls and SMSs from work. I just can't believe Android treats SMSs as "notifications" and put them all in the same bag.

Any ideas?

caracena

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, it's me again.

I would like to add something to my original question. Can I disable the notification sounds when I'm on a call?

Also, the original question is still on.
Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk

Dcronin05

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently researching this but I haven't found anything yet. I know that certain apps have options to have "quiet times" when they won't push notifications so one option would be to get a third party SMS app that has this feature. I searched through the Gmail app but couldn't find any quiet time settings but you could always just turn off gmail's notifications or set the ringtone to something that won't wake you up. I've got a long shift ahead of me so I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

caracena

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that Android is way behind BlackBerry on this. Let's just hope that someone comes up with something for this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk

Dcronin05

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So I never really found anyway to solve any of these issues with built in settings. The strength of android however is its customization and that is why the perception is that "standard" features are missing but the truth is the android OS leaves things like this completely up to apps. A quick search for "profiles" will reveal a wealth of apps that will enable you to do anything you can think of to customize your notifications.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37