1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I remove my phone from Android market?

I bought a Cricket ZTE Score from Best Buy last month and added some apps from the market. Then I reset the phone to delete the apps on it and returned the phone for a refund.

Now I bought a Samsung Intercept and when I go to the market to add apps it shows both the Samsung and ZTE phones for my Google acct. Can I remove the old phone I returned from Android market?

I am considering returning the Intercept and getting an LG Optimus V instead. I don't want my Google android market to fill up with old phones I no longer have.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I remove my phone from Android market?

I've been trying to figure this out myself and haven't found a way...tried google for answer and there doesn't seem to be an option to remove phones at this moment.

You can't but you can filter so it won't download or shows apps that phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    andreo 

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Try this (no guarantees):
    Click the gear in the black bar, upper right next to your email address, and click "My Market Account"
    Click on tab for "Settings." For me, my device is listed there.

It was a few months ago, but I was able to un-associate my son's phone from my account. (Prior to buying my phone, I had used his phone to set up a few programs I knew I would be getting. Later I was able to remove his phone from this list.) It has to be there somewhere. Good luck!
    Dixiecat -- Sept. 16, 2011: Sprint Galaxy S2
    Oct. 2, 2009: Sprint Palm Pre. 1996-2009: Free-with-contract dumbphones
    Thanked by 2:
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by dixiecat View Post
    Try this (no guarantees):
    Click the gear in the black bar, upper right next to your email address, and click "My Market Account"
    Click on tab for "Settings." For me, my device is listed there.

It was a few months ago, but I was able to un-associate my son's phone from my account. (Prior to buying my phone, I had used his phone to set up a few programs I knew I would be getting. Later I was able to remove his phone from this list.) It has to be there somewhere. Good luck!
    Yea, it looks from within Settings, you click Edit, then Hidden in Menus and that should take care of it. Someone in this link seems to think so anyway.

"Ok SO the only way to do this right now is to go to then go to "Settings" which is next orders (not up by the sign out link and the other links) it will then take you to a screen of your devices. Then click "Edit" on the device you don't want to not see anymore and then click under the visibility column "Hidden in Menus". This will remove the option to send apps to that phone, and will remove apps that were downloaded to that phone from showing up."

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the replies. I went to settings and chose "Hidden in Menus" for my ZTE score and that worked. It no longer shows up as one of my devices when I try to install apps from the market.

However, I have a second phone I no longer own, Samsung intercept. When I chose "Hidden in Menus" for that it worked, but the ZTE score changed to "shown in menus". I went back and changed the ZTE to hidden, and it changed the Samsung to shown. So it only lets you hide one device.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Are you doing them in the same session? Try changing one to hidden, then logging out, then back in, see if it's still hidden. It seems like people are having issue with the change sticking.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I changed one to hidden, then logged out, then back in but it didn't help. One is still hidden but when I change the other one to hidden, it changes the first one to shown. I can only hide one device.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Wow, that's really lame. I guess the only thing left to do is to contact Market Support. Probably wont accomplish much, but, I guess the more people that complain about it, the sooner they'll have to address it. I guess hide whichever device you prefer for now, and contact support.
    Thanked by:
    bgswis 

This is INSANE.

I have been with Google since Day 1 almost, and I can't believe they haven't set this up better.

You can't delete a phone or block it from accessing your Google account??

What if it is stolen? what if you resell it?

I've been busy googling this and trying to find a way to block old phones so no one can download on your account with a phone you previously owned.

GOOGLE DO SOMETHING!

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RobertyBob View Post
    This is INSANE.

I have been with Google since Day 1 almost, and I can't believe they haven't set this up better.

I've been busy googling this and trying to find a way to block old phones so no one can download on your account with a phone you previously owned.

GOOGLE DO SOMETHING!
    If you resell it I hope you would wipe it first. That person would be accessing the market under their gmail acct; not yours.

In the event it's stolen, I'd suggest calling your carrier immediately & or remote wiping your phone & SD card.

I've given plenty of phones away. Having them still listed doesn't matter to me since those phones aren't tied to my email any more.

Sent from that phone with the REALLY long name using Tapatalk
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by RobertyBob View Post

Sure there is, change your Google password. Then if it were stolen, whoever had your phone shouldn't be able to access Market, or, do anything else with your Google account.

If you resell it, do a factory reset first and they'll have to supply a Google account when setting up the phone. So, it wont have your information.

Just create a new Google account and use that to access Market. It won't have any of your old phones listed.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Just create a new Google account and use that to access Market. It won't have any of your old phones listed.
    That's not what we are talking about. OPs concern was if they sold the phone, lost it, or it was stolen, that it could have access to their account. I think all the posts in here should solve their issue.

Logon to
    On the right corner you will see your login name and a bearing image which says options
    On the options link you will see "My orders and Devices"

Click on Devices and then check/uncheck your desired phone