Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default How to hookup to a computer via USB

Hello: I'm a new Incredible user and I'm having problems hooking up my phone to my computer via USB. When I do, I only can access the phone's internal storage, not my SD card. I've confirmed that it's "mounted" in the phone but it does not appear as a drive in Windows Explorer. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by junipertodd View Post
    Hello: I'm a new Incredible user and I'm having problems hooking up my phone to my computer via USB. When I do, I only can access the phone's internal storage, not my SD card. I've confirmed that it's "mounted" in the phone but it does not appear as a drive in Windows Explorer. Help!
    I have a Moto Droid. So, I don't know if it's the same. But, I had the same problem and here's how I fixed it. Try this:

Home screen >> menu >> settings >> applications >> development >> now, under the top selection, "USB Debugging" - make sure that is NOT checked.

If the Inc menus are different or you're on a different OS just try looking ofr USB debugging mode somewhere and mess with that setting. Good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I have selection but it wasn't already checked. For grins, I checked it and reattached the cable to try again. Still the same result... only one drive.

thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I have selection but it wasn't already checked. For grins, I checked it and reattached the cable to try again. Still the same result... only one drive.
    curses, foiled again.

Do you have any other way to read a SD card? You should have gotten a SD card adapter with your microSD card so if you have a printer or something you could try to access the card from that.

And I have debugging on, try using that?
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hi,
    Recently i have bought a new phone and i want some files to be transferred from my pc to my phone, but when i plug my cable, my pc is not at all recognizing. I need help.

Thanks and regards
    Portable hard drive

Ok, so this might sound pretty obvious, but do you have the latest HTC Sync installed? That has the necessary USB drivers for HTC phones.
    White GSM HTC Hero, stock ROM
    Tweet me @BrokenFox
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock

Talking

Hey, I bet that's it. I'll check about the HTC Sync driver on my office computer. Thanks for the tip!

Hey, I bet that's it. I'll check about the HTC Sync driver on my office computer. Thanks for the tip!
    No problem, I hope it works! Just holler if you have any trouble, there are many good people here to help.
    White GSM HTC Hero, stock ROM
    Tweet me @BrokenFox
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock

Yep, installing HTC Sync did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

I cant find my X's SD card on my pc -- can anyone help?