Hello: I'm a new Incredible user and I'm having problems hooking up my phone to my computer via USB. When I do, I only can access the phone's internal storage, not my SD card. I've confirmed that it's "mounted" in the phone but it does not appear as a drive in Windows Explorer. Help!
    05-26-2010 05:19 PM
    Hello: I'm a new Incredible user and I'm having problems hooking up my phone to my computer via USB. When I do, I only can access the phone's internal storage, not my SD card. I've confirmed that it's "mounted" in the phone but it does not appear as a drive in Windows Explorer. Help!
    I have a Moto Droid. So, I don't know if it's the same. But, I had the same problem and here's how I fixed it. Try this:

Home screen >> menu >> settings >> applications >> development >> now, under the top selection, "USB Debugging" - make sure that is NOT checked.

If the Inc menus are different or you're on a different OS just try looking ofr USB debugging mode somewhere and mess with that setting. Good luck.
    05-26-2010 05:25 PM
    thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I have selection but it wasn't already checked. For grins, I checked it and reattached the cable to try again. Still the same result... only one drive.
    05-26-2010 05:45 PM
    thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I have selection but it wasn't already checked. For grins, I checked it and reattached the cable to try again. Still the same result... only one drive.
    curses, foiled again.
    05-26-2010 05:48 PM
    Do you have any other way to read a SD card? You should have gotten a SD card adapter with your microSD card so if you have a printer or something you could try to access the card from that.

And I have debugging on, try using that?
    05-26-2010 06:00 PM
    Hi,
    Recently i have bought a new phone and i want some files to be transferred from my pc to my phone, but when i plug my cable, my pc is not at all recognizing. I need help.

Thanks and regards
    Portable hard drive
    05-28-2010 05:46 AM
    Ok, so this might sound pretty obvious, but do you have the latest HTC Sync installed? That has the necessary USB drivers for HTC phones.
    05-28-2010 06:31 AM
    Hey, I bet that's it. I'll check about the HTC Sync driver on my office computer. Thanks for the tip!
    05-30-2010 07:20 PM
    Hey, I bet that's it. I'll check about the HTC Sync driver on my office computer. Thanks for the tip!
    No problem, I hope it works! Just holler if you have any trouble, there are many good people here to help.
    05-31-2010 01:04 AM
    Yep, installing HTC Sync did the trick. Thanks for the tip!
    06-01-2010 02:54 PM
    I cant find my X's SD card on my pc -- can anyone help?
    08-20-2010 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD