How do you remove the Browser?

bluey2014

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to completely remove the Browser on an Android phone. How would you go about doing that?

The person doesn't want the option to be able to surf the web. It's a Christmas present for a child, so we don't want them running into anything.

I know you could download other Browsers from the Android market. Is there a way to block new browsers too?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to completely remove the Browser on an Android phone. How would you go about doing that?

The person doesn't want the option to be able to surf the web. It's a Christmas present for a child, so we don't want them running into anything.

I know you could download other Browsers from the Android market. Is there a way to block new browsers too?

First off welcome to the forums, and something like that would require some major technical surgery and even at that im not sure you can remove the browser altogether without causing some type of error.

you could try to use an application that would lock the browser application , making a password necessary to open it. but im not sure this would hold after the phone is rebooted the application may need to be opened again.

perhaps someone else has an idea.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
You'll need to root the phone if you want to remove any system apps such as the default browser.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
something like that would require some major technical surgery and even at that im not sure you can remove the browser altogether without causing some type of error.

This is probably the case. I'm sure there is little market for removing the browser, so, I don't see why anybody would develop something like this.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you install an app, like Titanium backup, it has the option to "freeze" an app. Again, not sure if you have to root to freeze system apps, but there's a free version to check it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae