Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

keawere

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this Easy Battery Saver and then after fiddling with it i decided it was a useless app and i uninstalled the app. But after uninstalling, i can't get my 3G data network back?? Help?? Btw i'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace, with android version 2.3.4 if this helps anyway.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it happens. Utility apps like battery savers and task killers can cause issues sometimes.

Unfortunately if re-booting the device doesn't fix it, and You've checked you Data Network settings in Settings/wireless, you may have to do factory reset.

But I would check the settings first, and make sure Data Enabled is checked. Also see if it lists the APN's for your data network. Usually this is done automatically, but you can add them manually I believe. You'll have to get the names from your carrier though.

If not, and the above doesn't work, well, back-up your contacts and calender and such to Google, and go for the factory reset.

Samwwjd

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Resetting the mobile network isn't working. If an app is going to make such big changes it should come with a major warning.

EP1985

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

I had this problem, Googled it, and this thread came up.

I've since re-entered the APN as instructed on the Vodafone website (I have HTC Wildfire) without uninstalling the app and 3G is back up and running.

To the publisher's credit it does give a warning about the possibility of this problem when the app opens for the first time.

Thought I'd register to post my story!

skiker

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Samsung Stratosphere after downloading Easy Battery Saver. I followed the apps directions by going under Settings to restore the APN settings, but that didn't work. I found my solution through another person who had the same problem.

1. Install "Any Cut" app from Market
2. Create short-cut for APNs
3. Go to home screen and find APN short-cut (it might be on a different page if yours has more than 1)
4. Open short-cut - Menu - Restore settings
5. Restart phone

This worked for me and now my 4G is up and working again, without the hassle of a hard factory reset or calling customer service!

mpbclutch33

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey skiker.....

I have having the same issue with my droid charge. The reset on the app didn't' work, several battery pulls didn't either. Still no data connection. I plan on doing what you suggested when I get home and have access to Wifi, but is there anything else i need to know (steps)? I don't know what APN is and where to find it on my phone. ANY help would be a blessing as I don't want to do a factory reset!!!:(

gugiggs

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my huawei ideos x5 on Froyo.

Try this, go to settings> Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > {your APN should be there. If not, tap menu button, and reset to default}

Hope this helps.

Liziztheword

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
SKIKER IS MY HERO! If you have a Samsung Stratosphere, this definitely works!! It just saved my phone. I didn't have to do a factory reset and lose all of my settings (like the Verizon Customer Service recommended) because of the help of this forum. If you follow the instructions Skiker listed above, you will be able to change the settings back that the "Easy Battery Saver" app screwed up. The Verizon Customer Service representative admitted he didn't know how to do this. Thanks again for your help! I've been dealing with wifi ONLY for the last 2 weeks. I'm so glad I get to use the 3G and 4G now! :D

One thing I would add to the instructions for a bit more thoroughness is that when you go into the Any Cut app, which you downloaded from the market, and you select "New shortcut", you then need to select, "Activity" in order to find the APNs. Select APNs to create a shortcut. [Indeed, it did create the shortcut to my 3rd page of my home screen since my 1st two were full.]

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Before going to factory reset, try installing Llama (a really powerful location-based setting tool). You can easily create a action set, don't enable it, put in Actions to reenable data, apn, etc, and press the "Test actions" button. When you add an action, a "?" button explains a little of what the action does (including caveats if there are known problems).

Good app, I donated to the developer and I don't do that unless I find someone's program indispensable.

pesticidal

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Samsung Stratosphere after downloading Easy Battery Saver. I followed the apps directions by going under Settings to restore the APN settings, but that didn't work. I found my solution through another person who had the same problem.

3. Go to home screen and find APN short-cut (it might be on a different page if yours has more than 1)
5. Restart phone

This worked for me and now my 4G is up and working again, without the hassle of a hard factory reset or calling customer service!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

lauraplane

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Man I sure wish that I had found this post a week ago! I did the factory restore on my Samsung Stratosphere. From now on I will check here first for information.;)

Mutka Man

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

5. Restart phone

Hello I read your post about getting your 4G back.
After following your instructions, Under "APNs"
I have the following "LTE" choices.

LTE-verizon CBS
LTE-verizon FOTA
LTE-verizon IMS
LTE-Verizon internet

Not sure which one to pick and reset?

I am using the Samsung Nexes Galaxay
Thanks in advance
Mitch mitchell.ruck@verizon.net

Mutka Man

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
SKIKER IS MY HERO! If you have a Samsung Stratosphere, this definitely works!! It just saved my phone. I didn't have to do a factory reset and lose all of my settings (like the Verizon Customer Service recommended) because of the help of this forum. If you follow the instructions Skiker listed above, you will be able to change the settings back that the "Easy Battery Saver" app screwed up. The Verizon Customer Service representative admitted he didn't know how to do this. Thanks again for your help! I've been dealing with wifi ONLY for the last 2 weeks. I'm so glad I get to use the 3G and 4G now! :D

One thing I would add to the instructions for a bit more thoroughness is that when you go into the Any Cut app, which you downloaded from the market, and you select "New shortcut", you then need to select, "Activity" in order to find the APNs. Select APNs to create a shortcut. [Indeed, it did create the shortcut to my 3rd page of my home screen since my 1st two were full.]

Hello I read your post about getting your 4G back.
After following your instructions, Under "APNs"
I have the following "LTE" choices.

LTE-verizon CBS
LTE-verizon FOTA
LTE-verizon IMS
LTE-Verizon internet

Not sure which one to pick and reset?

I am using the Samsung Nexes Galaxay
Thanks in advance

tammyopp

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I cannot find "Any Cut" in the play store. There are a ton of Icon packs and such but they say you need another app (open house or Any cut) installed and I can't find them. Who is the app designer and maybe I can find it that way?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think your question belongs in the General How-To section, and in a new thread. Asking an unrelated question in an existing thread won't get you as many answers.

I can't do it for you as you wouldn't be subscribed to the new thread.

// Sent using the Android Central app //

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui