Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skiker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    I downloaded this Easy Battery Saver and then after fiddling with it i decided it was a useless app and i uninstalled the app. But after uninstalling, i can't get my 3G data network back?? Help?? Btw i'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace, with android version 2.3.4 if this helps anyway.
  2. #2  
    Moscow Desire's Avatar
    Troubleshooter

    Posts
    1,818 Posts
    ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Yeah, it happens. Utility apps like battery savers and task killers can cause issues sometimes.

    Unfortunately if re-booting the device doesn't fix it, and You've checked you Data Network settings in Settings/wireless, you may have to do factory reset.

    But I would check the settings first, and make sure Data Enabled is checked. Also see if it lists the APN's for your data network. Usually this is done automatically, but you can add them manually I believe. You'll have to get the names from your carrier though.

    If not, and the above doesn't work, well, back-up your contacts and calender and such to Google, and go for the factory reset.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Re-install easy battery saver

    Open app -> menu -> settings -> restore network settings
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Resetting the mobile network isn't working. If an app is going to make such big changes it should come with a major warning.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Hi there.

    I had this problem, Googled it, and this thread came up.

    I've since re-entered the APN as instructed on the Vodafone website (I have HTC Wildfire) without uninstalling the app and 3G is back up and running.

    To the publisher's credit it does give a warning about the possibility of this problem when the app opens for the first time.

    Thought I'd register to post my story!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    I had the same problem on my Samsung Stratosphere after downloading Easy Battery Saver. I followed the apps directions by going under Settings to restore the APN settings, but that didn't work. I found my solution through another person who had the same problem.

    1. Install "Any Cut" app from Market
    2. Create short-cut for APNs
    3. Go to home screen and find APN short-cut (it might be on a different page if yours has more than 1)
    4. Open short-cut - Menu - Restore settings
    5. Restart phone

    This worked for me and now my 4G is up and working again, without the hassle of a hard factory reset or calling customer service!
    Thanked by 2:
    asciiwar and Liziztheword like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Hey skiker.....

    I have having the same issue with my droid charge. The reset on the app didn't' work, several battery pulls didn't either. Still no data connection. I plan on doing what you suggested when I get home and have access to Wifi, but is there anything else i need to know (steps)? I don't know what APN is and where to find it on my phone. ANY help would be a blessing as I don't want to do a factory reset!!!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    I have the same issue with my huawei ideos x5 on Froyo.

    Try this, go to settings> Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > {your APN should be there. If not, tap menu button, and reset to default}

    Hope this helps.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    SKIKER IS MY HERO! If you have a Samsung Stratosphere, this definitely works!! It just saved my phone. I didn't have to do a factory reset and lose all of my settings (like the Verizon Customer Service recommended) because of the help of this forum. If you follow the instructions Skiker listed above, you will be able to change the settings back that the "Easy Battery Saver" app screwed up. The Verizon Customer Service representative admitted he didn't know how to do this. Thanks again for your help! I've been dealing with wifi ONLY for the last 2 weeks. I'm so glad I get to use the 3G and 4G now!

    One thing I would add to the instructions for a bit more thoroughness is that when you go into the Any Cut app, which you downloaded from the market, and you select "New shortcut", you then need to select, "Activity" in order to find the APNs. Select APNs to create a shortcut. [Indeed, it did create the shortcut to my 3rd page of my home screen since my 1st two were full.]
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Before going to factory reset, try installing Llama (a really powerful location-based setting tool). You can easily create a action set, don't enable it, put in Actions to reenable data, apn, etc, and press the "Test actions" button. When you add an action, a "?" button explains a little of what the action does (including caveats if there are known problems).

    Good app, I donated to the developer and I don't do that unless I find someone's program indispensable.
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by skiker View Post
    I had the same problem on my Samsung Stratosphere after downloading Easy Battery Saver. I followed the apps directions by going under Settings to restore the APN settings, but that didn't work. I found my solution through another person who had the same problem.

    1. Install "Any Cut" app from Market
    2. Create short-cut for APNs
    3. Go to home screen and find APN short-cut (it might be on a different page if yours has more than 1)
    4. Open short-cut - Menu - Restore settings
    5. Restart phone

    This worked for me and now my 4G is up and working again, without the hassle of a hard factory reset or calling customer service!

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Man I sure wish that I had found this post a week ago! I did the factory restore on my Samsung Stratosphere. From now on I will check here first for information.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by skiker View Post
    I had the same problem on my Samsung Stratosphere after downloading Easy Battery Saver. I followed the apps directions by going under Settings to restore the APN settings, but that didn't work. I found my solution through another person who had the same problem.

    1. Install "Any Cut" app from Market
    2. Create short-cut for APNs
    3. Go to home screen and find APN short-cut (it might be on a different page if yours has more than 1)
    4. Open short-cut - Menu - Restore settings
    5. Restart phone

    This worked for me and now my 4G is up and working again, without the hassle of a hard factory reset or calling customer service!
    Hello I read your post about getting your 4G back.
    After following your instructions, Under "APNs"
    I have the following "LTE" choices.

    LTE-verizon CBS
    LTE-verizon FOTA
    LTE-verizon IMS
    LTE-Verizon internet

    Not sure which one to pick and reset?

    I am using the Samsung Nexes Galaxay
    Thanks in advance
    Mitch mitchell.ruck@verizon.net
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Liziztheword View Post
    SKIKER IS MY HERO! If you have a Samsung Stratosphere, this definitely works!! It just saved my phone. I didn't have to do a factory reset and lose all of my settings (like the Verizon Customer Service recommended) because of the help of this forum. If you follow the instructions Skiker listed above, you will be able to change the settings back that the "Easy Battery Saver" app screwed up. The Verizon Customer Service representative admitted he didn't know how to do this. Thanks again for your help! I've been dealing with wifi ONLY for the last 2 weeks. I'm so glad I get to use the 3G and 4G now!

    One thing I would add to the instructions for a bit more thoroughness is that when you go into the Any Cut app, which you downloaded from the market, and you select "New shortcut", you then need to select, "Activity" in order to find the APNs. Select APNs to create a shortcut. [Indeed, it did create the shortcut to my 3rd page of my home screen since my 1st two were full.]
    Hello I read your post about getting your 4G back.
    After following your instructions, Under "APNs"
    I have the following "LTE" choices.

    LTE-verizon CBS
    LTE-verizon FOTA
    LTE-verizon IMS
    LTE-Verizon internet

    Not sure which one to pick and reset?

    I am using the Samsung Nexes Galaxay
    Thanks in advance
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Click Menu and "Reset to Defaults"

    Worked for me... THANK YOU. VZW tech support had no idea.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjjs1985 View Post
    Re-install easy battery saver

    Open app -> menu -> settings -> restore network settings
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Easy Battery Saver data network problem?

    I cannot find "Any Cut" in the play store. There are a ton of Icon packs and such but they say you need another app (open house or Any cut) installed and I can't find them. Who is the app designer and maybe I can find it that way?
  18. #18  

    Default

    I think your question belongs in the General How-To section, and in a new thread. Asking an unrelated question in an existing thread won't get you as many answers.

    I can't do it for you as you wouldn't be subscribed to the new thread.

    // Sent using the Android Central app //
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).

Posting Permissions