new here, got a question

blue65coupe

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to the whole smartphone thing so I won't be of any help to anyone. I'm sure I'll learn a lot so thanks in advance. I went with a Motorola Milestone X and recently had a new update. Since the update I have an issue with texting from contacts. I'm trying to send a text but want to select recipients from my contact list. Before the update I could "send new text", tap the bar where you put the names and have my contact list come up and select from there. Now I can't scroll through contacts to do that. I have to start typing a name and it gives me options. Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! Im not a Milestone user so I can help you there; the UI is different and I'm not familiar with the settings on that device. But, have you checked through all the on screen menus to see if what you need is there?

can you long press in the contact box and see if it gives you a menu? There are other messaging clients in the Market. Go SMS, Chomo SMS and Hancent SMS are popular choices, in no particular order. see if one of the others can achieve this.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try posting in the Milestone forum, this seems like a more specific question and you'll likely find a quicker answer there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech